Dewalt ??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

studioseven

Yikes, those prices are incredibly low. Almost too low. It doesn't say that they are refurbished and I'm assuming that's in American dollars. I love Dewalt and will be following this thread.

Seven

Bryguy

I purchase most of my tools as refurbs. Many of them DeWalts. So far I've had no problems. Like new, but cheaper and warrantied.

Dehn0045

looks like a scam. The social media links at the bottom go to some company called "moncler". There is also the random CANADAGOOSEWORLD text, which appears to be leftovers from a different scam of a different company. If its too good to be true, it probably is. I watched a video on youtube regarding these types of scams - they are pretty common.

MRDucks2

No way it is legit. Website first published Aug 18, 2021. Prices make no sense. I buy refurbished stuff and it doesn't come that cheap.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
There are so many things wrong with that domain. No mail server, Chinese registry, spelling errors, poached html. I suggest avoiding it.

smik

Website AddressDewhhws.com
Last Analysis19 minutes ago | Rescan
Blacklist Status0/44
Domain Registration2021-08-18 | 8 days ago
Domain InformationWHOIS Lookup | DNS Records | Ping
IP Address162.218.176.69 Find Websites | IPVoid | Whois
Reverse DNS.
ASNAS59447 Istanbuldc Veri Merkezi Ltd Sti
Server Location
tr.gif
(TR) Turkey
Latitude\Longitude41.0214 / 28.9948 Google Map

jttheclockman

This is what I thought. Too good to be true. The web page looks so real. That is the reason I posted here because I know there are some computer gurus that know how to read into these things. Thanks. Will avoid.

Jeff, it maybe a good idea to delete this post. Thanks.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Almost a year ago, I purchased a sweater for my daughter from LLBean. The next day, LOML saw an ad in FB for the same sweater for 1/3 the price on LLBeanOutlet.com. I called LLBean and they said they do not have a "outlet" store online. It was a Chinese registry site. When I went to the site by clicking on it on FB it went to the site and it looked exactly like LLBean.

penicillin

Google bought and now operates a website called VirusTotal. You can use it to check files or suspicious URLs. I checked the primary domain for this one, and two security vendors flagged the site as malicious.

https://www.virustotal.com/

It takes time to identify websites and files as malicious. Just because a website or file passes VirusTotal's tests does not mean that it is not malicious. That's one reason why the bad guys use freshly registered domains - to buy time before their websites are detected as malicious.

The domain for this site was registered only a week ago.

The best tool you have is in your head. Think carefully. The old adage "If it's too good to be true..." and other common sense aphorisms apply here.

If you suspect a website, don't click on it. The best "deal" isn't worth getting your computer infected with malware. I did not click on the link above, and recommend that others avoid it too.

jttheclockman

Hank the same thing with this site. It has all the Dewalt markings and a true web site look. I believe Dewalt should look into them because they are using their name fradulently and it could cause them losses.

jttheclockman

Google bought and now operates a website called VirusTotal. You can use it to check files or suspicious URLs. I checked the primary domain for this one, and two security vendors flagged the site as malicious.

https://www.virustotal.com/

It takes time to identify websites and files as malicious. Just because a website or file passes VirusTotal's tests does not mean that it is not malicious. That's one reason why the bad guys use freshly registered domains - to buy time before their websites are detected as malicious.

The domain for this site was registered only a week ago.

The best tool you have is in your head. Think carefully. The old adage "If it's too good to be true..." and other common sense aphorisms apply here.

If you suspect a website, don't click on it. The best "deal" isn't worth getting your computer infected with malware. I did not click on the link above, and recommend that others avoid it too.
I agree. The biggest problem I had is I am looking for a Dewalt tool and when I googled them that site came up. I remembered seeing on FB and the rest is history. I did run it through my virus detector and nothing showed but as you say these people are getting more and more cleaver. Jeff did put a warning at the top of the thread so hopefully everyone will heed it.

penicillin

Hank the same thing with this site. It has all the Dewalt markings and a true web site look. I believe Dewalt should look into them because they are using their name fradulently and it could cause them losses.
It is trivially easy to steal the content, text, images, etc. and clone someone's website. Like many companies, I am sure that DeWalt will learn about this website and get it taken down, but that takes time. In the meantime, the bad guys can create as many malicious websites as they desire. For DeWalt and many other companies, it becomes a no-win game of "whack-a-mole" to take them down.

Last edited:

I placed an order for 5 pieces and they never came; I filled a claim with PayPal and got the response today! The seller claimed that it was shipped and gave a USPS tracking number that said it was delivered on the 2nd of Sept!!! PayPal closed the case, now I've got to get the shipping manifest from USPS to prove to PayPal
I did not receive it!!!
I

jttheclockman

I placed an order for 5 pieces and they never came; I filled a claim with PayPal and got the response today! The seller claimed that it was shipped and gave a USPS tracking number that said it was delivered on the 2nd of Sept!!! PayPal closed the case, now I've got to get the shipping manifest from USPS to prove to PayPal
I did not receive it!!!
I
Curious minds would like to know. Did you place this order before I posted this here or after???

I saw your post and the site looked real so I placed an order. . As of a few minutes ago PayPal has refunded me.

jttheclockman

I saw your post and the site looked real so I placed an order. . As of a few minutes ago PayPal has refunded me.
Glad you were refunded. But it was pointed out right away it was a scam. Jeff decided to leave the thread and he did put a red warning at the top of it to indicate this but thought it would be helpful for others to not fall for this. Either you did this on your own before the warning went up, or you are a gambler.:) Anyway anyone else reading this be ware this is a scam.

jrista

ADMIN EDIT: This is a scam website. See discussion below.

I stumbled onto this site and bookmarked it a few times and keep getting ads. So thought I would ask here. Has anyone ever ordered any tools from this site??

https://www.dewhhws.com/power-tools-saws-c-3_4.html?page=3&sort=20a
I was looking at Dewalt tools for a couple things a few months back, and found that site. Did some research, and found complaints about it. I think its a scam site...so I would be very wary.

I found what I needed here:

Then found and bought the same models locally.

Top Bottom