Dewalt Compartment Organizer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

I've been working on some shop organization projects lately, which was long overdue. These removable organizers are pretty popular. Home depot is running a sale on the dewalt one, normally it's $20 and is on sale for $10. I picked one up today and will try to get a few more. I'm not sure if it is a regional sale or not. The harbor freight one is on sale for $7, but I figure the dewalt is probably worth a couple extra bucks.

Screenshot_20201110-231116.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I have some of those, but I find them a little awkward because the compartments are small.
Also, on some of those organizers, the compartments are actually removable boxes which I find to be a useless concept and cuts down on the storage capability.
I like the organizers to have removable dividers so that I can make the compartments bigger and more suitable for storing both small tools and pen kits in their original baggies.
Just my opinions based on how I use them. . Everybody's requirements are a little different.

KenB259

I have a few of the Stanley Fat Max versions. I find them very handy. One I have is dedicated to pen making stuff. The Stanley ones are dual layer and there's plenty of room in the bottom for drill bits or any thing too big for the smaller boxes on the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

egnald

I love those things. I use both the regular and Fat Max versions. I built rails into my rolling assembly cart and under my workbench to hold them. I also bought a couple of extras so I had more of the larger internal bins to work with instead of all of the little square ones. Perfect for organization and works great for grab and go tasks. - Dave
IMG_1554 Cropped.jpg IMG_1555 Cropped.jpg

jttheclockman

I use something similar for the many many many clock inserts I have and always take with me to shows because people at times want a different clock face in the scrolled item I display. I give people many choices and these cases work well for that. Buy them in Home Depot but do not pay for the dewalt name because that raises the price. These are a good price though.

monophoto

I like these, but I wish I could have some input into the design. There are two issues:

First, the separators between compartments snap into place, but they just as easily snap out. I suppose I could apply a little glue to fix them in place, but reconfigurability is a nice feature.

Second, the size of the compartments isn't always ideal. For example, I use 2" sanding discs (actually, 2 3/8" diameter), and its not easy to find a box with eight compartments (100 grit through 1200 grit) that will hold discs of this size.

jttheclockman

Home Depot and probably Lowes have cheaper versions of these and they have a divider that slides into holders and you can make the compartments any size you want. They use to go on sale many times and I have about 10 of them or more. I use them to store clock inserts and other craft show parts in them. I then pack in a larger tote box and and bring that to shows. Also store spare parts in them the same way. When you buy Stanley or Dewalt you pay for the name and they are more expensive. The ones shown here are not a bad price though. Rarely do you see them at that price.

Top Bottom