Desire Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

montmill

Desire pen.jpg

This is my first attempt at a desire pen kit. I'm confused about the middle piece shown in the photo. Is the top supposed to thread onto the lower portion on the right? When I tried it as a dry run it didn't want to screw on easily and I was worried about cross threading it. Actually in my photo the middle piece on the bottom should be reversed. Thanks for your help with this, appreciate it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

I have "old stock" Desire sets and they do not have the plastic insert, so I may be incorrect.

Based on a picture from McKenzie Penworks, it looks to be a standard plastic sleeve. It fits into the center band as you have it oriented, and the threads screw into the plastic insert.

Screenshot_20220130-183832.png

montmill

Thanks so much Brian. If no one else replies I'll contact the manufacturer. I know they're busy and are recovering for covid. I have other kits I'll try them for ease of threading the parts together. I wonder if you actually cut the threads in the plastic the first time you thread it in or if the threads that are cut are correct?

Scry

Thanks so much Brian. If no one else replies I'll contact the manufacturer. I know they're busy and are recovering for covid. I have other kits I'll try them for ease of threading the parts together. I wonder if you actually cut the threads in the plastic the first time you thread it in or if the threads that are cut are correct?
The threads should already by there. That part acts as the capping mechanism in the pen. You can test this by screwing the piece onto the main body. (Metal side first)

Top Bottom