Desire in red burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from InkyMike

InkyMike

Completed a @McKenzie Penworks Desire kit on commission for a birthday present. Used a stabilized red-dyed burl from @Benpen. Really happy with how it turned out. The only issue I had is the threads are tight and the body would twist. Touch of epoxy solved for that. Really love the quality of the kit (and the blank!)

Michael

Attachments

• 2023-01-19.jpg
    2023-01-19.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 149
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Let me know if you need a replacement Delrin... we've since gone through our pile and tested EVERY SINGLE DARN PIECE but there were definitely some that were crazy tight. Happy to send one to you if you want better fitment with the cap. We found that the Delrin likes to move a bit in the machine, kinda throwing off the specs from what we'd like it to be. It's a battle between a tight enough fit that the nibs don't dry out and the feel of closing the pen.

InkyMike

Thanks Tim - I just put a tab of epoxy on it before slipping it back in the body tube and that solved it. I think the tigjt threads are the way to go and I'm sure they will loose a tad over time.

InkyMike

Haha I'm sure. I'm really impressed with the kits (as you can probably tell by my recent orders lol)

You had asked about new ideas for 2023 - I'd love to see a pen similar to the Desire but just a tad slimmer - like the Baron design.

Top Bottom