Desert Ironwood Pen Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

raltenhofen

I have five Small flat rate boxes holding 22 blanks each of quality desert ironwood. $60 per box. I pay the shipping.
I only sell what I would turn myself. I also include a list of hints for successfully turning this awesome wood.
See photos at:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

raltenhofen

Studio7 and AngelofDeath: Navigate to my etsy store and make your purchase! (Please note I don't ship international.)

raltenhofen

While I have your attention, I thought I would share some information about desert ironwood (Olneya tesota). This wood is my signature wood. I started using it back in the 1990s. I began hearing stories about how toxic it was and all the anecdotal information supporting the toxicity claims. I decided if I was going to continue working in ironwood I should get a definitive answer about its toxicity. Searching the internet did not provide any useful information. So I went to the experts: the botanists at Desert Botanical Gardens and the ASU Dept of Biology. The answer was simply there is no documented, peer-reviewed evidence that the wood is toxic. There is some toxicity in the seeds. However, I cannot overemphasize the standard rules of safety when turning any wood. Wear a respirator. Not a dust mask. A respirator. And a faceshield. Follow these simple rules and you will live long and prosper.

Top Bottom