Denver in Blue M3 Titanium Mokume

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ChrisN

ChrisN

Here is a Denver pen in blue M3 Mokume and ebonite.

As far as material impressions go, the M3 turned, sanded, and polished quite nicely. I do not have any UV lights available to test under, so I cannot attest to the glowing part, but there is a very pronounced "starfield" effect that I had not seen with my previous M3 pen. I was disappointed, however, that the "mokume" effect diminished as the blank was turned down, as you can see in the barrel. Luck of the draw, I guess. Overall, a very nice, but maybe a bit overpriced, material.

C009-2-resize.jpg

C009-1-resize.jpg

MHKogan

Here is a Denver pen in blue M3 Mokume and ebonite.

As far as material impressions go, the M3 turned, sanded, and polished quite nicely. I do not have any UV lights available to test under, so I cannot attest to the glowing part, but there is a very pronounced "starfield" effect that I had not seen with my previous M3 pen. I was disappointed, however, that the "mokume" effect diminished as the blank was turned down, as you can see in the barrel. Luck of the draw, I guess. Overall, a very nice, but maybe a bit overpriced, material.

View attachment 134863

View attachment 134864

One of the wonders of the M3 process is that you really don't know what pattern is inside the blank until it is revealed by the craftsperson. This is very similar to working with natural grained materials like exotic hardwoods, burls, horn etc. In M3 blanks, this is caused in part by the natural interplay of the elements during the exothermic reaction and by the human factor as all M3 patterns are achieved by the hand of a master craftsperson.

In order to protect our customers from the rare occasion that one of our blanks contains a pattern that is just not attractive enough to sell, we have always offered a full replacement warranty.

M3 will replace any blank free of charge, that contains any physical defect in the workable portion of the blank or any blank that is devoid of pattern or contains unattractive patterning which would make the sale of the finished product impossible. All a customer needs to do is to email us a photo of the blank in question, no matter where they purchased it, and we will take it from there.

Over the years we have had a few blanks returned due to the errant air bubble or micro crack, but this would be only the third pattern complaint that we have had in 9 years.

So, leave me a private message with your address and I will send you 2 free blanks.

Beautiful workmanship and even with the weak pattern a very nice pen overall.

Top Bottom