Delta Drill Press

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

papadan

Bought myself a new drill press. A Delta 17-950L. Available at Lowes for $369. Floor model built for woodworking. Table tilts left, right, and forward. Table has T Track built into it for hold downs, fences, and such. 4" replaceable center for drilling through. Has dual laser crosshairs that make it a snap to line up your mark. Been using it for a couple weeks now and it is great.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bnoles

Dan,

Now let's understand something here. You come bragging and gloating on this gem and don't even offer us a peek with a picture? How are we to share this joy with you without a picture? You must think creative minds reside in this place[:D]

Just funning with ya [:)]... the DP sounds great and full of the features to assist making it easy to use.

Merry Christmas on ya!

papadan

[:I] sorry!
IMAG012.JPG

bnoles

Dan,

Much better because now we can enjoy it too [:D]

That is a sweet looking machine for sure. I like the sounds of the laser also.

Thanks for the picture and enjoy the new tool.

tas2181

Dan,
Thanks for the pic and review.
Been looking at getting a new DP and that appears to fit the bill perfectly.
I see you can get a Porter-Cable 1/4 sheet sander for free if you purchase one before Jan.31.

woodwish

I have a 25-year-old version of same drill press, and love it. It spent 15 years getting abused daily in our high school wood shop class until the program closed, then I bought it auction really cheap. Don't remember what I paid but I remember at the time that it less than it was worth as scrap metal. The switch was missing the safety lock so I didn't even know if it worked until I replaced the switch, and I also had to buy a chuck key. I like the idea of the lasers, wonder if I could retrofit that?

Hope you get many years of use out of it. [:D]

papadan

I already checked that out for a friend. The lasers can be bought for about $34 plus shipping and will fit any DP. If you want the exact info I'will get it for you.

Firefyter-emt

Nice, it's about time they made a drill press for woodworkers....

Now IMHO, the laser things are not all they are cracked up to be. I personaly never use mine and they are a bugger to dial in perfectly.

tas2181

Liked the looks and features of that DP so much I decided that I was going to buy one. Lo and behold -went to the Lowes website and they now are on sale for $332. So I ordered one online and can pick it up tomorrow at my local store (Hopefully they have one in stock).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom