Delta 46-460

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papaturner

In need of a Delta 46-460 on/off switch. All I can find is they have been discontinued. Anyone have a suggestion or a place to buy the switch. Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrD

Good Afternoon Perry,

I have a couple of Delta lathes, including a 46-460 as well as a 46-250. You didn't say if your's is a Type 1 or a Type 2. I would think it probably makes on difference. I find eReplacementparts.com usually has what I need as far as Delta parts go. If per chance you cannot locate what you need it should be totally straight forward to build one yourself. It might not look as pretty as a factory switch, but it should work. And there are several quite helpful forks on here who might be able to help with building a switch, eg @magpens for one.

DrD

greenacres2

Been a while since i had mine apart--but if i recall correctly the actual switch is a basic 2 button on/off, and the lever on the outside activates it when flipped. Don't quote me on that. If it is by some miracle correct memory, then the switch part can be sourced but the lever may be proprietary design.
earl

penicillin

The switches on my Delta 46-460 can get finicky at times. It still works, but they have a reputation for issues. The previous owner had installed a separate, reliable switch in a more convenient place, and I use it all the time. See the lower right corner, under the shelf. It is simple and effective.

Delta 46-460 Lathe.JPG

papaturner

Good Afternoon Perry,

I have a couple of Delta lathes, including a 46-460 as well as a 46-250. You didn't say if your's is a Type 1 or a Type 2. I would think it probably makes on difference. I find eReplacementparts.com usually has what I need as far as Delta parts go. If per chance you cannot locate what you need it should be totally straight forward to build one yourself. It might not look as pretty as a factory switch, but it should work. And there are several quite helpful forks on here who might be able to help with building a switch, eg @magpens for one.

DrD
Thanks

randyrls

ALL my tools have a "kill" switch separate from the unit switch. I was once using my table saw. I finished a rip cut and turned the saw off, reached over the blade to remove the piece, and the saw turned back on!!! COSTUME MALFUNCTION!!!! I found the saw switch contacts were completely pitted, scarred and unusable. Of course no switch from Jet. I found an exact replacement at Rockler and installed a replacement switch and added a kill switch. Have one on my lathe too.

Ereplacementparts seems to have the switch.

turnit2020

Perry, Had the same problem with my 46-460. Mine was a type I. That switch was discontinued and only the type II was available. Believe yours is also a type I. Unless you can find a switch that can be modified to work on your Delta you will have to find a work around. The main bearing on mine was also bad so I replaced it with a Rikon 70-220vsr. Great new lathe and Rikon has a 5 year warrenty that they do stand behind.
Best of luck with your situation, hoper you find and answer. Best regards my friend.
Turncrazy43

Top Bottom