Delta 46-460

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

allisnut

I love my 46-460, but the power switch seems a little flakey. It doesn't seem to positively 'snap' on and off, and frequently turns itself off dues to vibration. It is a red paddle type switch that you lift up to turn the lathe on. Is there an upgrade or fix for this? Is this a common problem, or something simple I am overlooking?

Thanks,

Adam

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

allisnut

Here is a picture -->

attachment.php

BSea

I'm having a similar problem on my 46-460. Sometimes it won't turn on for a second after I flip the switch. If I reset it, then it works fine. I guess I'll be needing a new switch soon too.

BSea

I've been doing some looking at ereplacemtparts.com, and I see I have the older model of the 46-460. And it looks like they discontinued the switch for my model. And if I read this right, they want $487 for a new controller box. There doesn't seem to be just a on off switch replacement. I'm sure I can probably find an aftermarket switch. But this is still a bit alarming. And that includes the new model too. Maybe I just need to call them.

PenMan1

Adam:
it sounds like you got the very first run of the 46-460. The second year of manufacture ( I THINK, 2011) they changed that switch to (IMHO) a better design.

The later switch should fit the older lathe. My neighbor bought the 46-460 as soon as it came on the market. Being one to NEVER buy the "first run" of anything, I waited a year. The only noticeable difference between the lathes was the switch. When his switch broke, he replaced it with one of my "new model" switches. He said it was a direct bolt up.

I plan for switches and belts to go out, so I keep back up stock. Interestingly, I'm still on the original switch, almost 3 years later. In fact, except for an unfortunate incident (involving a VERY SHARP diamond tipped Skew, several Coors Lite beers and some plastic covers that got the wrath of an outraged pen maker) all my parts are still original, INCLUDING the drive belt.

PenMan1

ereplacementparts.com did carry just the switch. now all I see is the complete switch assemby. Delta part # DPEC000470 and it costs about $23.

Top Bottom