Delta 28-280 band saw table extensions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'm looking for a supplier/vendor who carries Delta parts for the band saw in the title. I'm looking for the cast iron table extensions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Going to be tough to find Delta parts. You may have to find an equivalent. Table extensions???? Can I ask why?? You can only cut so much to the left. Why not just build a wooden platform and attach with bolts. Easy to do. If you are looking for the fence extensions, they make aftermarket varieties. Never heard of anyone using a table extension. Other than jigs attached to the table like circle cutting jigs.

Last edited:
Going to be tough to find Delta parts. You may have to find an equivalent. Table extensions???? Can I ask why?? You can only cut so much to the left. Why not just build a wooden platform and attach with bolts. Easy to do. If you are looking for the fence extensions, they make aftermarket varieties. Never heard of anyone using a table extension. Other than jigs attached to the table like circle cutting jigs.
It's not for me John. It's for a friend (see my Olive wood post) who asked if I knew of anyone who might have them. I told him I'd give it a try on this site. He uses them for re-sawing his Olive limbs If I can't find something two things will happen, he'll just go out and buy a new saw or, have someone manufacture some for him. I suggested the wood platform but he wants cast iron, he doesn't worry about the cost. Thanks for your response and questions.

jttheclockman

It's not for me John. It's for a friend (see my Olive wood post) who asked if I knew of anyone who might have them. I told him I'd give it a try on this site. He uses them for re-sawing his Olive limbs If I can't find something two things will happen, he'll just go out and buy a new saw or, have someone manufacture some for him. I suggested the wood platform but he wants cast iron, he doesn't worry about the cost. Thanks for your response and questions.
Never seen one. You sure he is not talking about a lift kit. Where does it attach and what is its purpose. I would like to learn something.

Like I said I have made and seen addon table extensions for longer work or for cutting circles. I also know there is a system that is made by accu-slice or something like that but has a slide that attaches to table and is used for cutting on bandsaw

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...2DC7A0F96F91CD41F4F72DC&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

You can do as I did on my scrollsaw and that is make a top to drop over thew top with a larger footprint. It is just to support longer projects. Sorry can not help any more than that. Never seen a cast iron one made for a bandsaw by a bandsaw company.

Last edited:
Never seen one. You sure he is not talking about a lift kit. Where does it attach and what is its purpose. I would like to learn something.

Like I said I have made and seen addon table extensions for longer work or for cutting circles. I also know there is a system that is made by accu-slice or something like that but has a slide that attaches to table and is used for cutting on bandsaw

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...2DC7A0F96F91CD41F4F72DC&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

You can do as I did on my scrollsaw and that is make a top to drop over thew top with a larger footprint. It is just to support longer projects. Sorry can not help any more than that. Never seen a cast iron one made for a bandsaw by a bandsaw company.

This would be used more like an out feed table extension. He uses a sled to resaw the smaller limbs and they can range in the 2' in length range and, like most band saws, the table is too small making the re sawing cumbersome.

Well good luck in your search but to me so easy to make a wooden one.

Thanks for your help John. Knowing Tim he's going to go out and spend a small fortune on what he wants. But I have forwarded what you suggested to him. I'll have him send me a picture of what he does and make sure I forward it to you. Thanks again.

jttheclockman

Thanks for your help John. Knowing Tim he's going to go out and spend a small fortune on what he wants. But I have forwarded what you suggested to him. I'll have him send me a picture of what he does and make sure I forward it to you. Thanks again.
Love to see if he finds something. I am sure a fabricator could make him something exactly to his specs if he wants.

Top Bottom