Deck skirting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

Anticipating the back yard fencing getting done, figured I better skirt the deck, to keep Zoey from digging holes under there. She is growing like a weed. I opted for white plastic lattice and framed it with treated 1 x 3's. Next year, after the wood has had a chance to dry, we'll paint it white. The rest of the house has white trim, that's why we went with white. I've never been a huge fan of lattice, but I guess it's okay, if it's not overused.
IMG_0906.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Cute! Beautiful pup and fence.

I had to keep an eye on two of my pups and take their collars off when near a low fence. They would jump up and their collars would get caught. One actually caught his on a kitchen cabinet doorknob.

KenB259

That little fence will be gone when the whole back yard fencing is installed. Thanks for that bit of info Tony, I could see that happening, when she gets a little bigger.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

PenPal

Cute Zoey,here in Australia roofing such as yours just lasts only a short time so we rarely see it.When we built our chapel with our voluntary labour it was fun to use it,all the family enjoyed nailing it on.

I admire your carpentry skills making the verandah,grateful for the collar adviceTony. Our two doggies are aged now at 13 with us at me 86 today and Wilma 84 shortly. Love our cats and dogs,our extended family with Wilma and me about 77 with a second gggson last month.

Our best wishes in your home and family life,kind regards Peter.

EricRN

Nice looking deck. We had to put up the lattice this year too when we got a new dog, also a Zoie, who kept crawling under there.

magpens

Thanks for the pic of Zoey !!!

Your deck handiwork is impressive !!

I'm about to start a smaller outdoor project also involving plastic lattice. . I'll need to frame it and was planning to do that with treated 1 x 2.
I'd rather make pens, though !!!

KenB259

Thanks for the pic of Zoey !!!

Your deck handiwork is impressive !!

I'm about to start a smaller outdoor project also involving plastic lattice. . I'll need to frame it and was planning to do that with treated 1 x 2.
I'd rather make pens, though !!!

LOL, I'd rather be making pens too! I'd like to report that I don't have to be so precise with projects like lattice, but I'm just not wired that way. Things just gotta be straight and aligned.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

howsitwork

Ken

The handiwork is impeccable. Just don't rely on a fence to retain the pup. I know you'll be doing ( or should that read being) trained as well?

Ours cleared a 6ft one in pursuit of a feral cat which had attacked one of our cats that she was friends with. The dog was about 10 at the time but took exception at her mate being attacked on our drive. Thanks fully the neighbour didn't mind as that damn cat had been using his garden as a toilet and was never seen again after the prolonged pursuit.

Top Bottom