? Dead Center for Beall Chuck ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

It's a reasonable argument and discussion George, up until the implied point that I would be worried about the choices that someone else would make. I did not say that you can't do it this way. I do not have sleepless nights over how anyone makes whatever they might make. I only speak up because the conversation towards a difference of opinion doesn't happen, then people come along and have only one side of the story. I would not say it can't be done any way you want to do it, but I would say to think about all your options and weigh all the facts through before you decide wether you need to jump into a new thing. Spending money on a tool that you don't need is certainly a persons right, but people have the right also to know that they may be wasting their money too.

Texatdurango

Jeff, My post was not directed AT YOU so don't take everything I say as personal because several comments and examples may not apply to you at all. I posted my comments based on what was said in the 39 posts in this thread as well as comments made elsewhere and over the years about almost any change to the established way of doing things.

The only thing I would say to you directly in regards to a comment in your previous post... "I'm not understanding the entire need in the first place" is that perhaps you don't need to understand something just because somoene else wants to try it.

I have heard similar arguments to yours when someone starts a thread about buying a metal lathe. Eventually someone will pop up with something similar to...."I'm not understanding the entire need in the first place, you can buy all the parts you need to make a pen, why make your own, lathes are just an added expense".

By the way, in the past few days I have turned three pens so far from start to finish with my Beall chuck mounted and I like the convenience of not swapping tools in and out a dozen times so for me your comment... "Spending money on a tool that you don't need" doesn't apply. See how this works, not every comment is directed at an individual as I'm sure you didn't direct that comment to me!

It's all good, we just see things differently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom