Dawn did it-Taj pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It all started when I was invited to attend the DC show (Thanks to Lou - DCBluesman).

As a "B2B" turner of resins, I was content. Dawn WASN'T. So, she embarked on a project with Ken Nelson (Kallenshaan) to produce an engraved, then hand-painted pen, based on parts of the Taj Mahal. She did the art, Ken engraved it, it came back and she hand-painted, then I re-turned it with a CA coating to level off and protect the painted art.

Here is the result:

200781515235_DSC01710net.jpg

2007815152327_DSC01714net.jpg

2007815152349_DSC01718net.jpg

The material is Alternative Ivory. This was one of several things Dawn made for me - but I won't post them all at once. Stay tuned - none of them are processes I have seen before.

Comments encouraged!! Copying, not so much!!:D:D:D:D

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
WOW!!!!

Can I rent Dawn's creativity for a week or so? [:D][}:)]

That is a Gorgeous pen, Ed. Congrats to both you and to Dawn!!!

GK

GaryMGg

Not only do I really like this, but it gave me an idea. Before I read the Taj-mahal statement, I had visions of Mah-Jong tiles and the four seasons. Hmmmm?!?!? [8D]

Great work Dawn. Nice teamwork Ed & Ken. [;)]

gerryr

Ed,
That is really beautiful. You had this in DC and didn't sell it????????????[:0] All three of you did a great job. Dawn is going to push your comfort zone I can see and what a great thing to have someone who does that.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Gerry,

It needs "documentation" and I didn't want to sell it, so I priced it accordingly. This is one of a few, wait till you see (well, maybe see) the "rest of the story"!!

Dawn WAS busy. However, the night before the show, this was one of 8 pens I had to finish - this was one of the EASIEST to give you a clue to the REST!!!

But, it WAS fun!!! And Lou drooled all over my pens (it takes a lot to impress DCB!!! -I felt very honored!!)[:D][:D][:D] Even "the bird" said it looked good for a (choke) "laser engraved" pen!!![:D][:D][:D]

OKLAHOMAN

Ed and Dawn that is one of the most original and beautiful pens I've seen here thats my comment and as far a copying, as Alfred E. Newman Said "Who Me"[}:)][:D][;)].
BTW you need the talent to do what Dawn did so don't worry about anyone copying.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This only scratches the surface of Dawn's artistic talents.

I am a craftsman, SHE is an ARTIST. However, stained glass is probably STILL more PROFITABLE!!!

More to come.

JerryConn - didn't you see this in DC???? Did I position it THAT badly on SUNDAY????????????????????????????????? [:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by LEAP
<br />A truly impressive work of art! I've heard that all great artists lead tumultuous lives, Ed must be very inspiring.

Note to self:

Additional freebees in Phil's next order.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Oh,

If anyone can read the black writing, please tell us:
1) Is it "right-side up"?
2) Whazzit say???

She found this in a Taj book and copied it, so we have no idea if it is an ancient curse[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Oh,

She found this in a Taj book and copied it, so we have no idea if it is an ancient curse[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]

I'll translate it for you Ed, it says "send free blanks to you northern neighbour Peter" [:D]

-Peter-[:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />
<br />Oh,

I'll translate it for you Ed, it says "send blanks to you northern neighbour Peter" [:D][:D][:D][:D]

-Peter-[:)]

Thank you, Peter.

Then, on the part you can't see, it must say, "You will then be sent 'Wealth beyond your needs forever' by PETER!!!!"

I'm SOOOOOoooooooo glad we cleared that up![:D][:D]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I had the pleasure of being one of the first to view this magnificent beauty. It's an amazing piece...so much so that I asked the PR Princess to sell it to me. Of course, being an artist, she let me know that I might get to buy the SECOND one. Despite my lack of patience, this one will be worth waiting for. BEAUTIFUL WORK! [8D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Welcome back to the internet, Oh great Bluesman!!!!!!!!

You have no idea how happy we are to type to you!!

Dawn & Ed

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I did see this one in DC and although the picture looks like WOW the real deal is even better. An inspiation to the rest of us.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments.

Dawn came into my office yesterday after the first few entries, just a LITTLE "teary-eyed". She really appreciates this group of talented people recognizing HER.

Thank-you all!!! I am sincerely grateful for your comments.[:)][:)][:)]

M

Mudder

<br />She really appreciates this group of talented people recognizing HER.

Since I'm not talented and most of my work is done with smoke & mirrors I guess I can't post to this thread?

That is one spectacular pen Dawn...... Tell you what; Since my birthday was last month and you did not send my present and my 3 year IAP Anniversary was Tuesday and you did not send me a present. Why don't you send me that pen and I'll forgive you?

Scott

PR_Princess

Thanks to all for your kind comments. This is just one example of what you can do with some of the materials that Ed imports. I just happen to be in a postion that I can play with a few of the ideas.

I also want to extend a special thank you to Lou Metcalf (DCB) - for without his invite to DC, the Pandora's Box would not have been opened. And to Ken Nelson (Kallenshaan Woods) for not being reluctant to try new things, making the art "pen worthy", and doing so in very short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom