David doubles up, wins 5th Anniversary mug, too!!! Congrats!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Auction will end Wednesday night---9 PM eastern

In 2009, the IAP had survived for FIVE years!! Controversies had resulted in a couple "spin-off" forums, but the IAP was alive and faring better than the others.

Jeff celebrated by having an anniversary mug made!! Thus began the annual anniversary mug.

As you can see, the first was blue and there were 100 made and numbered. This is a real "bedrock piece" of IAP's subsequent success and ultimate domination of penmaking "resources on-line"!!

Attachments

• 5th.JPG
    5th.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
From Jeff, when I inquired what number it was:
It is not numbered. 5 of the numbered mugs were damaged, and the company did not supply the replacements with the numbers of the damaged mugs. They supplied 6 unnumbered mugs and this is the last one.

Last edited:

toddlajoie

I'm not even going to bother, as I'm sure I can't afford what this will end at...

I'm sure it will go to a good home!!! It is a true piece of history, considering only 100 were made...

Ed, are you making public what number it is?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I'm not even going to bother, as I'm sure I can't afford what this will end at...

I'm sure it will go to a good home!!! It is a true piece of history, considering only 100 were made...

Ed, are you making public what number it is?

I have sent a note to Jeff---I doubt he knows, but he can take a look at the mug---I suspect we will know soon.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
See entry #2 for the number---IF you would prefer #77 or #88, I will trade you for the un-numbered one. Just let me know after you win and Jeff and I will arrange to get you either 77 or 88.

Ed

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Wow, a couple of old friends dropping in!!

Great to see you Wayne and Freddie!!

Thanks for your bids!!!!

You might keep the stage for the night, Freddie!!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The 5th year logo was designed by Skye Maloney, who was an active member from 2006 until 2011. He's since moved on to other things. I approached Skye to design the logo, so this was the only mug other than the original for which we did not have a logo contest.

I got the idea to use these stoneware mugs when I saw them being sold at the FDR home and Presidential Liibrary souvenir shop in Hyde Park, NY (my home town). The FDR mug had the company name stamped on the bottom, so I contacted them about doing mugs for us and the rest is history! I still use my FDR mug, but we've never had that particular shape. Maybe next year!

I believe the mug company has enjoyed our relationship as well. They take good care of us with fair prices and quick service, and they like our logos too. in 2012 I gave them permission to show our mugs in their printed catalog. I've never seen any of our mugs in their catalogs, but at least they liked them enough to ask!

I'm sorry there are none of the numbered versions left. The numbered mugs were popular, so maybe we'll try that again next year too.

Happy Bidding!

toddlajoie

I'm sorry there are none of the numbered versions left. The numbered mugs were popular, so maybe we'll try that again next year too.

My impression was that if there were 95 numbered ones (100 minus 5 damaged) and 6 un-numbered replacements, the un-numbered ones would be more desirable (short of things like #1, #100 and a personal favorite #)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The 5th year logo was designed by Skye Maloney, who was an active member from 2006 until 2011. He's since moved on to other things. I approached Skye to design the logo, so this was the only mug other than the original for which we did not have a logo contest.

I got the idea to use these stoneware mugs when I saw them being sold at the FDR home and Presidential Liibrary souvenir shop in Hyde Park, NY (my home town). The FDR mug had the company name stamped on the bottom, so I contacted them about doing mugs for us and the rest is history! I still use my FDR mug, but we've never had that particular shape. Maybe next year!

I believe the mug company has enjoyed our relationship as well. They take good care of us with fair prices and quick service, and they like our logos too. in 2012 I gave them permission to show our mugs in their printed catalog. I've never seen any of our mugs in their catalogs, but at least they liked them enough to ask!

Happy Bidding!
Hey! From 1960 thru 1967 I lived for two years just down the road in Poughkeepsie a year and a half in Wappingers Falls and and 4 years in Pleasant Valley.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As I said above, I will trade anyone for number 77 or 88 (I have both). So, if you want a numbered mug, no problem!!

(By the way, yes, I was given one by Jeff for being a manager that year and NO, neither of these is the gift from Jeff----THAT one is NOT for sale or trade!!)

Last edited:

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Wayne, If you win you are going to have to bring it to our next meeting so I can hold it for a few minutes!:biggrin:

Attachments

• towel.jpg
    towel.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 163

asyler

Local Chapter Leader
freddie, i'll do that,, been so long sense i've been to one i might have to be re-initiated...

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just in case,
bidding continues
as long as there are interested bidders.

But from 9:00 on, bids need to be within
a minute---I am quick!!​

Top Bottom