Daughters first pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

My 14 yo daughter (Michel) wanted to make a special gift and I took advantage of the situation and encouraged her to personalize it by making it herself. Ofcourse I suggested a pen :D and here is the result.

I did watch and teach her and also applied the finish for her :D. All in all I am very happy how it turned out.

Brown Malee Chrome Baron w/ CA finish...it will be mailed tomorrow. Hope the recepient likes it.

Now, my son wants to make his own pen too.

200612227248_P1020870c.jpg

200612227255_P1020873c.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tseger

Dario,thats incredible! Tell your daughter she did an excelent job. My daughter is 19 and I think she's afraid she'll catch something if she comes in my shop![:D] Tim

JimGo

Dario, you may as well quit now. If she's doing that well already, you can just hand the keys to your shop over to her! [:D]

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I guess Dario will give here his little lathe now that he has that big Powermatic. He's gonna get so involved with larger turnings that he won't have time for pens anymore.[:D][:D][:D]

OKLAHOMAN

Dario, its just great that your children WANT to emulate their father it shows the closeness of your family. One question I have for you is your shop big enough for 2 master pen turners?

Czarcastic

Michel:
You did an excellent job. That is a beautiful pen and you should be very proud of the work you did.

I can tell you, as the father of a young lady the same age as you are, who has spent many hours in the shop with her dad, that your father is very, very proud of you and is probably grinning from ear to ear.

I can promise you that he will remember the time you spend with him in his shop as some of the most special time he has had, and he would love for you to do it again... any time you want!

Dario: Enjoy the time with Michel. Have her pick out some kits and blanks that are "hers" to turn whenever she wants. Encourage the learning process and be patient. This is a lifetime memory you are making! My Rachel has progressed from pens and is now doing bowls and vases. In fact, ironically, her first bowl was made from a piece of Sweet Acacia that YOU sent me!

Michel: You and your Dad have done something magical together. Enjoy it, and plan to do it again and again. Next year, your friends will all want you to make them pens for Christmas. [:)]

Dario

Originally posted by sandking
<br />Great job. Where do you get that wood?

I bought it from another IAP member who hails from Australia. Haven't seen him post here for a while though. I know he sells on eBay too but the name elludes me. I will try to dig up his user name if I can.

Dario

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. I will let her read this thread (actualy her idea for me to post the gloat here LOL) and also give her a chance to post her thoughts.

I think Steven's (Czarcastic) comment is dead on and says it best from my vantage point. I was actually going to title this "Best pen ever" due to the special nature of it sharing shop time with my daughter but changed it the last minute.

We are leaving today (heading out of town) but I hope my son can sneak an hour or so to turn his pen before we do so.

BTW, I do fear for my small lathe... [:D][}:)] LOL

Thank you again!!!

Dario

Hi everyone. I'm Michel. Thanks so much for all your great comments. I'm really proud of my first work and under the watchful eye of daddy, I hope to learn more tricks of the trade. Hopefully my big bro won't up stage me. He might be trying his first later today. [xx(] Thanks again for all the encouragement [:D]

mick

Dario, Let Michel know what a fantastic job she's done. Not only is it a great looking pen, it's clear that she listened well to your instructions and followed your guidance. You've given her something that no one can ever take away, the knowledge to create something lasting! Oh BTW that's one sweet looking piece of Mallee, Got anymore?.....lol

Ligget

Michel

Your pen is fantastic, especially as your first one![:0]

Now go through your Dad`s pen blanks and pick out the best for yourself, they are the ones wrapped up to keep them warm.[:eek:)]LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom