Darts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CT_C

I purchased a couple dart kits off a fellow member a few weeks back. Just got around to turning the first set. Pretty happy with how they came out. Wood is spalted maple, also purchased from an IAP member. The wood came out beautiful, however you can see one of the darts came out darker than the others.

31CF0B0F-96FB-4739-9AF9-802DBD72AC09.jpeg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CT_C

They look good. I've been meaning to try some of these for gifting. I just wasn't sure how I would adjust the weight to the recipients preference.

I'm surprised the 2 others came out that light.
Yeah the weight is tricky for sure. I don't sell what I make currently, so I wasn't as concerned with that. If I ever decide to sell darts, would definitely want to add a quality digital scale.

Kenny Durrant

They look great. To add my 2 cents about weight the weights are available in line. Since I cast i was able to use my resin scale to get the weights as close as possible. Another thing I was told by a friend that threw darts was they like them skinny. They want to be able to group them in a very tight spot.

CT_C

They look great. To add my 2 cents about weight the weights are available in line. Since I cast i was able to use my resin scale to get the weights as close as possible. Another thing I was told by a friend that threw darts was they like them skinny. They want to be able to group them in a very tight spot.
Thanks for the tip. That makes sense that they should be skinny.

bsshog40

Those look nice! I made a couple sets a couple years back. What I did to get my weights where I wanted them was, I put all the parts and turned bodies on a digital scale. Then added the lead? that came with the kit. Got them all pretty close to where they all matched. Here's one set I did. Done with cocobolo.
20190928_195957.jpg

CT_C

Those look nice! I made a couple sets a couple years back. What I did to get my weights where I wanted them was, I put all the parts and turned bodies on a digital scale. Then added the lead? that came with the kit. Got them all pretty close to where they all matched. Here's one set I did. Done with cocobolo.
View attachment 339662
Very nice! The beauty of cocobolo really shows on these!

Darts are fun to make... haven't made any in years but did do about 4 sets... for the weights, if you don't have a good digital scale, PSI sells a little balance scale that you clip onto the dart then hold up to read the scale.... I've heard most throwers like them to be about 20-23 grams.
I made mine from ebony and another set from deer horn... they were heavy enough to not need weights.
17-189.jpg

DART SET EBONY.JPG

17-1634_0.jpg

Kims.JPG
This is a set I made for daughter to give to her husband as a gift... Cocobolo.

Top Bottom