Damn Decals!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aurelius

Only way I have ever seen to print white was the old (now discontinued) ALPS printer.
If you odn't mind my asking, why don't you just go through one of those decal printer sites and get what you need?

egnald

The only way I can think of is to buy white waterslide decal paper, then print the logo on it. For the area behind the logo you will need to come up with a background color, pattern, or image for the background, probably something as close to the color of the blank you will be applying them to. The surrounding border area also needs to have a background color, pattern, or image. - Dave

Madman1978

Only way I have ever seen to print white was the old (now discontinued) ALPS printer.
If you odn't mind my asking, why don't you just go through one of those decal printer sites and get what you need?
I just need a couple. I don't know of any sites for this. I am hoping I can add this to Key chain or Xmas ornaments

Madman1978

This is what I am working with.

Attachments

• Riley+Farm+Logo+2019+white+web.png
    Riley+Farm+Logo+2019+white+web.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 128

egnald

There is a company called Kadee that will print a custom 8 x 11 sheet of waterslide decals using ALPS so they can print White as well as metallic colors. It isn't cheap though, probably on the order of $75 for one 8 x 11 sheet. They cater to the model railroad industry. - Dave

KenB259

If you can find someone with a cricut cutting system, you could probably get it cut from vinyl. It comes in all colors and it's only about .005 thick. I'm thinking it could be cast, after applying the cutout or perhaps covered over with a buildup of CA.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I have had good success using white waterproof labels from onlinelabels.com. Mark Dreyer used these in his casting video. You could print a light grey background with your inkjet. Apply the label to ty tube and then cast.
Check out his You Tube video.
Here is a link to the ones I was having trouble using white waterside decals. The white of the labels works great on my black navy.

Last edited:

Mr Vic

Use white not clear decal paper and print in black and wrap entire tube the cast in clear. If on wood laser etch and use whit inlace.

Aurelius

one other option (which is by no way econmical if this is a one off project) is they make white toner for laser printers. I originally saw it at Micromark, but I am sure you could find something similar cheaper elsewhere.

Penultimate

Micromark sells white water slide decal sheets.

Top Bottom