Damascus dagger with fluted, wire wrapped handle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Travis Fry

Travis Fry

I actually used my lathe on this to turn the handle before the fluting and wire inlay, so it sorta fits here.

Blade is my own pattern welded steel, made up of 1075, 1095 and 15n20 alloys. Handle is Bolivian rosewood wrapped in argentium silver, with blued mild steel fittings and coined nickel silver spacers. OAL is just over 10". Let me know what y'all think.

travis-fry-dagger-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

that knife is way too ugly to let anyone see it, you should send it to me and for a small fee, I will lock it away in my safe.

Very nice work.

plantman

Travis; That is one of the best "Texas Toad Stabbers" I have seen in a long, long time. Beautiful craftsmanship and design !! I will send you my address, in hopes that it will arrive in time for my birthday in March. Fantastic !!!!! Jim S

OKLAHOMAN

Travis absolutely gorgeous, not words usually associated with a knife but this one is again gorgeous.

Travis Fry

Do you forge your own damascus?

I have forged a lot of damascus, but am not currently set up to do it in my shop. I planned ahead though, and forged a big pile of it when I had the chance.

I nearly had a deal on a 50lb Moloch hammer a couple of weeks ago, but the guy sold it out from under me. Until I have a power hammer or hydraulic press (or have access to one), I'll not be making damascus anymore.

snyiper

Man Travis that is sick!!! Knife making is something I have always wanted to do but you may have set the bar too high....Stunning!!!1

OZturner

Absolutely Superb, Travis.
A Pure Work of Art.
Brilliant Concept, and Exquisite Execution.
The Damascus Patination is Glorious.
Fantastic Handle, and Adornment.
Congratulations,
Brian.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That is incredible work. While I (as of this moment... :tongue:) don't have a need for a dagger, I certainly admire the craftsmanship!

Mr Vic

I think it would make an awesome "Birthday Bash" prize....If you donate it make sure it goes to the "Mr Vic Wins Contest":wink:

Simply beautiful knife....:star::star::star::star::star:

Top Bottom