Dad's Birthday Present

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

My Dad's birthday is 12/19. So he frequently gets the B-day/Christmas combo present. But this year I wanted to do something special for him. I got the screwdriver kit from Rockler and used a piece of East Indian Rosewood for the handle. I only show it here for one reason. The handle has no finish other than wax and was buffed out on a Beall Woodbuff system. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• DadWScrewdriver.jpg
    DadWScrewdriver.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 295
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

For some reason, when I am working on a boat nothing can match my SNAP-ON screw drivers for comfort, torque, and strength. Not to mention the ability to clean them right up after I am finished.

When I am not working on a boat I reach for one of my father-in-laws very old wood handled screw drivers if it will fit the need. I just like them better. You did a nice job.

Last edited:

ctubbs

There is just something about the way a well crafted wood handle feels in the hand. That present will be treasured for many years to come. Congratulations on a beautiful work of art and the thoughtfulness of your present.
Charles

IPD_Mr

Hans - the first thing I see is wow big hands. The second thing is it looks short and stubby. Hard to get some torque on something but shorties fit where others do not. I do like the shape and the finish. I like it when my son does things like this for me. Great job Hans!

hewunch

Hans - the first thing I see is wow big hands. The second thing is it looks short and stubby. Hard to get some torque on something but shorties fit where others do not. I do like the shape and the finish. I like it when my son does things like this for me. Great job Hans!

I admit, it does look short in the picture. But it is 8.25" long. It is big for big hands, his are like mine.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I was amazed at how this timber polished up. Which had nothing to do with me. :)

Top Bottom