cyclonic separation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

I ran across this on youtube and it looks pretty darned efficient. It's pretty much a DIY version of the Harvey Gyro Air dust processor. Seems a little complicated to make and I'm sure there are other materials that can be used, but the idea seems pretty cool.

1643042775661.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RobS

I 100% appreciate this post.

I will note, that you will want the cyclone hooked up prior to the motor, this will prevent items hitting the blades.

I run the Oneida, Oneida Air Systems - 4" Super Dust Deputy Deluxe

If I could do it over again, I get this. I bought one for the shop at work, and love it : Oneida Air Systems - Supercell High-Pressure Dust Collector - 14 Gallon

sorcerertd

I would agree about the order of components. People complain about damaged impellers, but don't want to use some sort of pre-collector. My set up is a trash can with the bent elbow fittings under the lid. It doesn't catch all the dust, but definitely gets all the chips. I'd build this just because it looks so cool. :D

Jarod888

I've watched a lot of his videos, he's funny in a dry humor sort of way, but he does come up with some innovative solutions to problems. I've thought about building that contraption, but never got around to it. Maybe someday.

egnald

I had a cyclonic separator go by the house last December. It separated a huge ash tree from the ground and it separated a big chunk of my roof from the rest of the house.

I've watched the video before and I do think it is cool, but I will just continue to settle for my upgraded Dust Deputy - they tout removal of 99% of the dust and debris in the air stream. I pair that with a fine filter bag made for collecting drywall dust in my vacuum and I think it works quite well. I just wish it was made of clear plastic like this one so I could see the swirling dust and chips.

Dave

Top Bottom