Cutting Rings From Segmented Boards

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

I made a little video about using the Ringmaster to cut rings from a segmented board and also to show how the identical two boards can be arranged into a different pattern formation when gluing them up into bowls .

The actual cutting of the rings was four minutes and fifteen seconds into the video.

Here is the video .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ00dfMSFXo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

raar25

Very nice video, I watched it last night. I am always impressed how neatly you are dressed for doing woodworking. Have you tried any glueing fixtures to keep the rings from moving when clamped up?

W.Y.

Very nice video, I watched it last night. I am always impressed how neatly you are dressed for doing woodworking. Have you tried any glueing fixtures to keep the rings from moving when clamped up?

I really don't need them . I have never had one move out of place when in the press . I just press one glued ring down onto the other and rotate it back and forth a little until it 'grabs' and then do an alignment check on it while it is still moveable . . I think that is shown in another one of my videos .
I have seen some wild and wonderful fixtures that some use for alignment but for me they are a waste of time.

W.Y.

Here are the two bowls that were shown in the video last evening . Holes plugged , sanded to 400 plus 0000 steel wool , sanding sealer applied and four coats of semi gloss lacquer.

Top Bottom