Customized Stealth Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dominic Greco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic Greco

Hi everyone,
Here is a picture of (2)Stealth pens. The one on the left is Beech and is made from the standard Stealth Kit as sold by PSI. The one on the right is Marado and is made from PSI's Satin Nickle plated Designer pen, but with the Stealth Pen rubber grip. Both are finished with CA Glue and were sanded with MicroMesh up to 12000 grit.

You see, the Stealth Pen is offered only in Gold Plating. And I had several customers who preferred the satin finishes. Especially with the darker woods like Walnut, Bubinga, Coccobolo, and Marado. So it wasn't much of a stretch to take this pen to the next level.

I'm going to show this off to them this morning. From the looks my wife was giving this pen, I don't think I'll have a problem selling it!

See ya around,
Dominic Greco

Image Insert:
2004831122127_dgpens3.jpg

49.64KB

wayneis

Hi Dominic, Nice looking pens there. A couple of things come to mind. It may be just the angle of the photo but to me, where the wood leaves off and the grip starts is not even. Did you part the wood off down to the barrell before putting on the rubber grip. Next I don't know if you are aware but CSUSA sells a kit similar with rubber grips in six colors. You can use the PSI rubber grips with and 7mm kit, just use the one bushing that is the size of the grip. Hope this helps.

Wayne

Dominic Greco

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />It may be just the angle of the photo but to me, where the wood leaves off and the grip starts is not even. Did you part the wood off down to the barrel before putting on the rubber grip. Next I don't know if you are aware but CSUSA sells a kit similar with rubber grips in six colors. You can use the PSI rubber grips with and 7mm kit, just use the one bushing that is the size of the grip. Hope this helps.
Wayne

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, as the PSI directions state I parted the wood off 1" from the bottom. The grips on all of the Stealth pens I've turned so far stand a bit "proud" of the barrel. If I turned the lower barrel thicker, so they sit flush, the pen looks too bulky. It would actually be wider than the portion where the lower barrel has to interface with the upper barrel. I tried it once that way and ended up taking the pen apart and starting over.

I know the pens from CSUSA that you're talking about. To be quite truthful, I really didn't like their design all that much. I like the lines of PSI's "Designer" (aka CSUSA's European Twist Pen) better. I think thats why the Stealth pen, which mimics this, appealed to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom