Custom Stylus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Penultimate

Penultimate

This is my fourth in a search for a comfortable stylus. My last one was based on a Mont Blanc pen and the aluminum section was too slippery. This one is based on a Cambridge with a bent wire clip and an Aluminum finial. The nib is conductive fabric.

I'm still working on my buffing, the finial came out better than the nib section. The blank is rosewood with about 20 coats of Woodturners Finish (WTF). I like WTF.

Thanks for looking comments are appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 351
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

I'm impressed with the fact that you are trying something outside the box(so to speak) with the stylus tip. The rest of the stylus have a custom look that is unique! Nice job

Penultimate

Thanks for the compliments. It feels much better than my last one. it was too skinny and necked down severely. This has a nice recess for my fingers.

There is enough metal in it that it writes while holding onto only the wood.

Penultimate

Your clip is giving me ideas...!
Very creative, and done well!

Thanks, it's a piece of .062 inch dia. half hard steel wire. It's not hard hard as piano wire. We use it to test our products. I bent it around a pin punch then bent the ends to slightly over 90 digs. I drilled two holes in the finial using a 1/16" end mill. I wasn't sure what to secure it with so I used JB Weld.

Top Bottom