Custom Panda with Ebonite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it early this A.M. It's one of Jeff Powell's Panda blanks from Exotics that I incorporated into a custom pen with black ebonite. It's got a #6 medium polished Bock nib, Left the finial removable because I'm still trying to decide whether or not to add a clip. Anyway, had fun making it. Hope you like it. Doc:)

Attachments

• Custom Panda and Ebonite.jpg
    Custom Panda and Ebonite.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 223
  • Custom Panda and Ebonite_2.jpg
    Custom Panda and Ebonite_2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Custom Panda and Ebonite_1.jpg
    Custom Panda and Ebonite_1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 171
  • Custom Panda and Ebonite_3.jpg
    Custom Panda and Ebonite_3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 198
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The pen looks great. My personal opinion is that for the most part all pens should have a clip. If you never carry it in your pocket it will still keep it from rolling off the desk.

terryf

Yeah I was also wondering about the clip - chrome would ruin it IMO but....

what about one of those black clips from a fancy slimline only a bit bigger, do they make em bigger?

PR_Princess

What a great pen Shreenath!!! I really like the look of these new pens!! Stunning, cute..and so very clever!!!

Can you leave the clip off? ...But maybe leave the option open??

DevilSmiley.gif
SmileySnicker.gif

wiset1

Awesome as always Doc, but how cool would this Powell blank be if it was done in the Bamboo shape. Amazing the way it is though

wizard

Thank you all for your kind comments and encouragement...Still unsure about the clip..there really isn't one that I would even consider unless it was fairly slim..solid black and extended 2/3 of the way down the upper barrel...Terry mentioned one from a slimline pen...I've never made a slimline pen:redface:..so I'm not familiar with the kits...:rolleyes: but am looking.

is this laser cut?

No, I think they are machined out of alumilite using a CNC machine that Jeff programmed. If I'm wrong..I hope Dawn, Ed or Jeff would jump in and correct me.
Doc

wizard

What a great pen Shreenath!!! I really like the look of these new pens!! Stunning, cute..and so very clever!!!

Can you leave the clip off? ...But maybe leave the option open??

DevilSmiley.gif
SmileySnicker.gif

Dawn, LOL, well... aren't you a lot of help..:tongue: :biggrin: :wink:. Seriously, Thank you for the kind words...

Top Bottom