custom non kit fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

What to call these pens made without kit parts. KItless doesn't do it for me. Bespoke doesn't work since the pen is not "made to order" for a particular customer. Lets just say the pen uses no pre-made parts except the nib and feed. It was made on my Powermatic 3520B using taps and dies for the threads. Cap/body threads are M13 x .8 triple lead, the section/body threads are M10 x 1.0 single start, and the nib unit threads are for the JoWo nib unit are M7.4 x .5. Enjoy looking at the pen whatever they are called.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

9262020 1.jpg9262020 2.jpg9262020 3.jpg9262020 4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
How about "Custom"? In my view anything that takes this much special work and time is truly "Custom Made". That's a very special pen and in no way is an average pen. Great job! Gotta agree with Charlies post above.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Very attractive pen Don. I have no experience/interest in kitless pens, but I certainly admire the skills and knowledge set for them.

That being said, I really like the nib/middle section in the third picture. Some that I have seen are just not an attractive profile to me, yours is.

Very nice.

magpens

Gorgeous pen !!!! . Love the colours !!!

Thanks for the threading details .... always helpful to know these.

Just noticed this thread ..... don't know how I missed it previously.

Top Bottom