Custom Fountain Pen: Diamond Cast "Oil Slick"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made a custom fountain Pen made from a Tim McKenzie blank called "Oil Slick". Really had fun making this pen. The lustrous display of colors and iridescence is unbelievable. The pictures don't do really do justice to the material. There is a gloss or glass like finish on the pen after buffing that is hard to see in two of the pictures.. Possibly due the differential refraction from the constituents of the resin or just needing to learn about more about camera techniques?
Fitted with a gilded Bock #6 fine nib. Hope you like it.

Best wishes for a safe, healthy and happy year for each of you and your families.

Kind Regards,
Doc:)
Oilslick Diamondcast Custom Fountain Pen_1_2.JPG
Oilslick Diamondcast Custom Fountain Pen_2_1.JPG
Oilslick Diamondcast Custom Fountain Pen_5.JPG
Oilslick Diamondcast Custom Fountain Pen_6.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Excellent pen as usual. I was wondering when you would post another pen. The oil slick blanks are super nice. I have two and hate to use them but now, after seeing this pen, I think I will make a pen from one of the blanks. Thanks for sharing. Love seeing your work.
Nice "grain" match between cap and body. Spot on.
We need to meet for coffee next time I'm in Bellaire to visit my son.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Last edited:

Alan Morrison

I like that there is a minimal step from the cap to the body, in fact, you can hardly see the join in the second picture.

And best regards to you as well.

Alan

David350

Beautiful pen and I too am a fan of the minimal step up between cap and body as well as matching the blank up at the cap / body junction. Between your craftsmanship and the amazing blank, that pen is a work of art, IMHO...

Gregf

Beautiful pen.
Oil Slick is my favorite blank for a present. My usual line is "I done know what your favorite color is, but it's in there somewhere."

egnald

Very Cool. Those Diamond Cast blanks that Tim McKenzie makes are really cool. I have a "Smoke on the Water" that I haven't turned yet and of course a few of the "Oil Slick" blanks. I usually pair them up with the Rainbow/Prisim/Oil Spill platings. I envy your tallent in making kitless pens. It is gorgeous. - Dave

Top Bottom