Custom Espresso Coffee Tamper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

A while back my son, who lives in the Netherlands, asked me about making he and his wife a 58mm Espresso Coffee Tamper. I looked at a lot of different websites and couldn't find something that would fit the bill or I really didn't trust the individual I was talking too. So, my good buddy Chuck (@Dalecamino) suggested I give Rick Herrell (@rherrell) a shout and see if he could help out. So I contacted Rick and he said he'd see what he could do. The pictures below show what Rick did for me. A beautiful custom turned Stainless Steel Tamper that will last for a very, very long time.
The handle material is Olive wood that was harvested off an Olive tree that was just over 150 years old from another friends Olive Orchard in Oakdale CA. It was fun to turn but did require some Epoxy to fill some of the voids in the Olive. My son and his wife saw the pictures I sent and love the Tamper. Thanks to both Chuck and Rick for helping me out.
Thanks for looking.

coffeetamper4.jpgcoffeetamper3.jpgcoffeetamper2.jpgcoffeetamper1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Tom, I'm glad you, and Rick were able to get this project worked out. I had no doubt. The Olivewood is awesome. Nicely turned, and finished. I hope it doesn't take three months to get to your son. Thanks for posting the photos.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Excellent turnings. My wife has fallen in love with a very inexpensive espresso machine she bought, and we can see the utility of the tamper - we have a useful but cheap plastic one. Well done.

Top Bottom