Custom Engraving

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

So recently one of my customers asked me if I was doing any engraving, and she kept asking me, and kept asking me, and thank goodness she kept asking me because I'm really happy with the results. I'm also really happy with the reaction I've gotten from others.

So the orange pen was a practice piece. No in fill, just black crayola.

The purplish colored pen, some SEM ebonite, is the actual piece, with some leaves on the ends. Black and gold in fill.

The feather was just something I thought would look good on that bones blank pen that Bob (BSea) poured for me.

I've got a job from another turner that I'm pretty excited about. Going to put some brown trout on a pen he made just for this. Excited about that one. :biggrin:

Thought I'd share. :)
And I'm just carving the designs with old wood engraving burins, though hoping to get something electric or pneumatic in the future.

And yes - it's hard to photograph well.

0011.jpg

stack-1.jpg

0112.jpg

0093.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

watch_art

a video --- a LOOOOONG video...

Engraving video - YouTube

may be blocked due to copyright stuff...
Figured it out. There were two spots of about 5 seconds each, of inbetween music (on NPR), between shows or whatever, that had music. I edited the video to remove the music in youtube (thank goodness this is easy to do). :)

Last edited:
I hope you thanked the "pest"' as she's unlocked a hidden talent you may never have known you had. By the looks of what you can do already, that would have been a real shame.

Unbelievable! What talent! keep it up....Maybe you should demonstrate @ one of the chapter meeting & show us aspiring turners how it is done! We are meeting on the river in August!

Top Bottom