In Memoriam
Created by Jeff Demand

attachment.php

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Well done Lou and leading the pack. I really think the evolution of the advanced penmakers on this site will be following the path of making our own personalized components. While some are able to differentiate their pens by creating unusual and signature blanks, there are just too many of us making pens from similar components to tell most apart and identify the maker. Making wax models which is the process for doing this is fairly easy to get started and customization is then up to your imagination. I have a few clips and centerbands in progress and hope to be posting in the near future. Thanks for sharing.

Well done Lou and leading the pack. I really think the evolution of the advanced penmakers on this site will be following the path of making our own personalized components. While some are able to differentiate their pens by creating unusual and signature blanks, there are just too many of us making pens from similar components to tell most apart and identify the maker. Making wax models which is the process for doing this is fairly easy to get started and customization is then up to your imagination. I have a few clips and centerbands in progress and hope to be posting in the near future. Thanks for sharing.

Bruce,

Are you now doing lost wax casting?

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Bruce,

Are you now doing lost wax casting?
That would be a yes. Taking a class at the local art studio. Last night was my first cast - not perfect, but encouraging. Needs some repair that may take 2 more class sessions, but hope to eventually post. Have 3 pieces ready to be cast next week. (Sorry for hijacking the thread Lou)

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
This is the second center band Jeff Demand has made for my pens. This one was the first.

attachment.php

Fortunately for me, I have had a helping hand with the artistry from PR Princess. As I've said before, I just make pretty wood pens. The rest I leave to the experts. Jeff is a member and can be reached through the forum email.

Last edited:
Top Bottom