Custom Casein Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finally got some time away and finished a pen this A.M. It's a custom fountain pen made from casein with a #6 Medium Point Gilded Bock nib. Comments welcome. Thanks so much for looking. Happy New Year!! Regards, Doc:)

Attachments

• Custom Casein Fountain Pen.jpg
    Custom Casein Fountain Pen.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 515
  • Custom Casein Fountain Pen_1.jpg
    Custom Casein Fountain Pen_1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 402
  • Custom Casein Fountain Pen_2.jpg
    Custom Casein Fountain Pen_2.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 441
  • Custom Casein Fountain Pen_3.jpg
    Custom Casein Fountain Pen_3.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 923
  • Custom Casein Fountain Pen_4.jpg
    Custom Casein Fountain Pen_4.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 534
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Another with "Class" written all over it Doc! Do you sell these or keep a huge stash? Just asking. Happy New Year to you and yours!!

seamus7227

Well Doc, you know i love your pens, but this time i have some critique. The entire pen looks great until i see the clip. It lays too flat against the upper barrel where it comes out of the finial. Now, i say that with the utmost respect, because i have never made one of these before, however, it just seems like it should stick out just a little bit more.:rolleyes:

orbit308

I can invision a thin black inlay a mm or 2 from the top. It is an excellent pen, I'm amazed at the kitless pens on here.

firewhatfire

I think it needs to be changed from gold to the guilded nib and rhodium clip so we could at least see a comparison. I have some and that's what I was thinking would go best. Of course I am a beginner asking a master to indulge a whim.:eek:

Excellent craftsmanship as always.

Phil

Nice pen! Did my first casein recently and I like the results. Looks (to me) truly classy.

As to the observations, I gotta say I like the look of the clip laying flat against the upper barrel. Nice, streamlined appearance. But I'm not so sure about the gold. Is there a "gun metal" or does that label me as an absolute amateur?

bluwolf

Nicely done Doc! Like Jonathan said, classy material on a classy pen. That casein sure is sweet looking.

Mike

Stevej72

Wow! That is an awesome looking pen. I love Casein and was so excited when I finished my custom FP. The problem I had with mine was after I filled it with ink, the material swelled so it was very difficult pull the cap off after it was unscrewed and then had to put it in a vice to unscrew the section.

wizard

Thank you all for your kind comments and encouragement!! Regards, Doc:)

Another with "Class" written all over it Doc! Do you sell these or keep a huge stash? Just asking. Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Thanks Jim! Sold one.Given a lot away. LOL...Have a huge stash...and need to start selling them before my wife kills me.:eek::rolleyes:

Well Doc, you know i love your pens, but this time i have some critique. The entire pen looks great until i see the clip. It lays too flat against the upper barrel where it comes out of the finial. Now, i say that with the utmost respect, because i have never made one of these before, however, it just seems like it should stick out just a little bit more.:rolleyes:

Thank you Seamus! LOL.and...thank you for the critique.. Hee..Hee,,I worked long and hard to get that clip just right to drive you crazy:biggrin::eek:.. Just kidding..the upper part of the clip does look too close to the barrel/finial junction..the way the clip is made doesn't leave a lot of room between the clip body and the ring. It would probably been helpful if I would have reduced the diameter of the upper barrel/finial.

Top Bottom