Custom Amboyna Burl Fountain Pen:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Had a chance to make a pen! I've always wanted to make a custom kit-less pen from Amboyna Burl. I thought about making a large one to show off the beautiful burl something along the size of a pen made by Sailor Pen Company called King of Pens. Section holder and the cap inner threads were machined from brass. Both pieces were machined with extensions to give the cap and barrel extra support. The section has support under the wood by using one of Beaufort Inks section sleeves. Cap decorative ring made of silver. All metal pieces were plated in gold using a Electroplating Rectifier. The idea of a clip is up in the air. The cap has a finial with threads in the event I change my my mind...
For a first try.... I thought it turned out fairly well . As usual, had fun making it and was relaxing.
Wishing you all health and happiness. Kind Regards, Doc:)
Amboymna Burl King of Pens_1.JPGAmboymna Burl King of Pens_1.JPGAmboymna Burl King of Pens_2.JPGAmboymna Burl King of Pens_3.JPG

Pierre---

That is a very fine pen indeed.
I am always afraid of coupling wood to metal for fear of cracks. But amboyna is more flexible than snakewood...
Would you share your experience with plating? Sounds very interesting.

Top Bottom