Curved Sided RM Prototype

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

For ones that say only straight sided bowls can be made with a RM , ,lol , , ,

This is just a prototype to get the sides curved. Next time I will try a more pronounced curve . It is eight inch diameter and made from some of that 50 year old power pole cedar I got across the road from me back in the spring . That stuff sucks up finish like a sponge .
I just sprayed a fast and sloppy finish on it because it won't be a keeper unless I decide to sand it down after a few days and put a good finish on it .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

W.Y.

Might as well start sanding as soon as the finish is dry .

The finish was already "dry" when I took the picture.

I prefer to let a finish cure for at least a couple days (preferably a week or more) before sanding and re-finishing unless there is a specific need to get it out to a customer. In this case it is just a prototype of doing curved walls on a Ringmaster bowl versus straight walls.

Last edited:

W.Y.

Well I decided to make this one a keeper because it wasn't too bad apart from the finish. So I sanded it down and re -applied the lacquer finish and gave it about 24 hours curing time (longer would have been better) and gave it a light buffing .

While I was at it I decided to buff a dull looking vase I had made a while back and it came up better than I expected .

Top Bottom