Curses...foiled again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
So much for our 5-8 inches of rain today that the weather forecasters predicted. Radar show all has blown through already. And this is one reason so many get caught off guard when it floods here, you never know when they will be right. I will have to say it looks like the area north of I-10 got a lot earlier this morning.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ElMostro

We got it pretty bad up here late last night (again), power was out, wind blowing and plenty of rain...but the sun is out today.
Euegne

More4dan

Beautiful day. Still better to be safe and it not be necessary than to take a chance and get caught in a bad situation. Y'all stay safe, look forward to the rescheduled meeting and meeting you.

Danny

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
They weren't really wrong about the amount of rain, the front just shifted a little farther north after passing through San Antonio than they anticipated. I still think it was a good call to postpone the meeting given the saturated conditions of the ground & how much water is still in the bayous & reservoirs around here.

Both the Adickes and the Barker reservoirs are at record levels. They temporarily shut off the flood gates on both yesterday to give the bayous a little breathing room, but if 3-5 inches had fallen in either of those areas, it could have cause significant flooding in the local areas or forced re-opening the flood gates and a repeat of some of last week's flooding.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I was just recalling a meeting we had a number of years ago in April up in the Conroe area. It had rained all Friday night, not really hard, and was raining in Pearland when I left Saturday morning for the meeting. I drove through rain all the way to the meeting and it continued raining at the meeting until about noon when it quit. Driving home that afternoon, I ran into rain again about the central part of Houston and drove through flooded streets from about 610 south all the way to Pearland.

Akula

Just a few light sprinkles here this morning on Clear Lake.

Was talking on another forum today about all these "Alerts". Weather Alerts, Silver Alerts, Amber Alerts. I have them turned off in notifications because, the areas they include have little to nothing to do with areas most people are in. Why I would need an alert for Austin or San Antonio is beyond me. Talking 4 hours away.

We have got Hurricanes and Tropical Storms...and not as many "Alerts". I pay attention to weather radars.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
We haven't rescheduled the meeting yet, but we are thinking about the latter part of June.

Mannie and I are both going to be busy the whole month of May, so neither of us would be able to organize anything until mid-June at the earliest. I'll contact Woodcraft when I return from my trip to Hawaii and get some possible dates when we could meet at WC, then go from there.

Top Bottom