curly mango, koa, and stabilized group

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

isaacrapelje

7 jumbo curly mango pen blanks, 7 curly Koa pen blanks, two dyed and stabilized amboyna sapwood blanks, one curly mango dyed stabilized, and one maple burl, all dyed ocean blue. The amboyna might have a crack which is common in the sapwood. Not the best pictures because I didn't want to sand everything down so it will all look better once it is turned and finished. $30. Have more of the dyed stabilized mango, and amboyna. Trying to sell off most of my stash.

I have a bunch of these primo curly mango pen blanks that come from the wood used in high end guitars. The mill provides koa and mango to some of the top guitar makers in the world, these blanks are very high quality. These blanks are dry and would be great dyed and stabilized or turned natural. I have blanks from 3/4 x 5 up to 7/8 to 1 x 1 x 6. Selling at 5.00 each or 4.00 each for 10 or more. I have 2 x 2 x 6 blanks for cutting your own blanks, lidded boxes, bottle stoppers. $13 each.

Attachments

• pen mix 1.JPG
    pen mix 1.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 256
  • koa blanks 1.JPG
    koa blanks 1.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 222
  • curly mango pen blanks.JPG
    curly mango pen blanks.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 185
  • dyed amboyna.JPG
    dyed amboyna.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 194
  • mango calls blanks 1.jpg
    mango calls blanks 1.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 214
  • mango 2.jpg
    mango 2.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DavidD

From the photo (koa2.jog) it looks like you've actually got all or mostly mango?

If you do have any curly koa for sale, add me to the list behind the guys above and I'd take whatever you had left.

isaacrapelje

Just to be clear the really curly pen blanks are mango not koa. I had the picture mislabeled. If you want curly mango let me know sorry for the confusion.

isaacrapelje

From the photo (koa2.jog) it looks like you've actually got all or mostly mango?

If you do have any curly koa for sale, add me to the list behind the guys above and I'd take whatever you had left.
You are correct I had the picture labeled incorrectly. Not koa but still chatoyant and highly figured. Let me know if you want any.

isaacrapelje

I also have this group of buckeye burl for $30. I have a set (16) of buckeye burl pen blanks. The ones on the bottom (9) are 5+ inches long. The ones on the top are a mix of sizes but most are 3+ inches. I cut out most of the defects and most are larger than 3/4 so lots of pens in this group.

Attachments

• buck 1.JPG
    buck 1.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 124
  • buck 2.JPG
    buck 2.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 118
  • buckeye 3.JPG
    buckeye 3.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 132
  • buckeye 4.JPG
    buckeye 4.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 137

isaacrapelje

I would be open to cutting this block of koa up for pen blanks if there is enough interest. Price would probably be somewhere between 6-10 each depending on size and figure. The more you buy the better the price.

Attachments

• koa block 1.JPG
    koa block 1.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 213
  • koa block 2.JPG
    koa block 2.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 158
Top Bottom