Curly Koa Cat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from budnder

budnder

It's a long story, but the ending involves needing a Hawaii related gift for cat lover. Saw these cat kits a few months back at PSI and thought they looked a little nicer than some of the themed kits they come out with from time to time. I like how the Curly Koa sorta resembles a cat fur pattern (well... a little... to me at least).

I think it's been a year since I made pen (longer story), but it must be like riding a bike, because everything went without a hitch.

Attachments

• CurlyKoaCat-9232.jpg
    CurlyKoaCat-9232.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 310
  • CurlyKoaCat-9233.jpg
    CurlyKoaCat-9233.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 350
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WarEagle90

Nice combination, Roy. Thanks for sharing. I've been thinking about getting one of those cat kits to make for my wife who is a huge cat lover. Just haven't seen a good quality picture of one until now. Will definitely get one on order.

magpens

Cat kit .... Kit cat !!! . Very beautiful pen ... love the Koa !!

Kat Kit ... Koa Kat !!

budnder

Thanks for the kind words. One thing I'll say, if you use the kit bushings... be sure to measure the finial (the top cat). On both the kits I made, it measured materially less than what the bushings called for. Also, perhaps my imagination, but on both kits I felt like the finial wasn't quite centered on it's tube. I didn't notice it until I was finishing up the second pen, so too late to inspect the part.

budnder

Yes, fairly heavy. It was right at 2 oz on the scale. For reference, a cigar that I had (wood also) was 1.75 oz. Could be worse... a Southwest themed pen (filled cholla) was 2.25 oz on the scale.

naynay

It's a long story, but the ending involves needing a Hawaii related gift for cat lover. Saw these cat kits a few months back at PSI and thought they looked a little nicer than some of the themed kits they come out with from time to time. I like how the Curly Koa sorta resembles a cat fur pattern (well... a little... to me at least).

I think it's been a year since I made pen (longer story), but it must be like riding a bike, because everything went without a hitch.

I don't even like cats but this is very nice.

WarEagle90

Thanks for the kind words. One thing I'll say, if you use the kit bushings... be sure to measure the finial (the top cat). On both the kits I made, it measured materially less than what the bushings called for. Also, perhaps my imagination, but on both kits I felt like the finial wasn't quite centered on it's tube. I didn't notice it until I was finishing up the second pen, so too late to inspect the part.

Thanks for the heads up on possible issues with this kit. I have one on its way, So I will inspect it very closely and report my findings.

Top Bottom