Cue the confetti!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sorcerertd

sorcerertd

Happy New Year!! This blank looked appropriate for the occasion.

I haven't had a lot of shop time lately, so I made time to do a pen today. This one, along with quite a few others, has been squared and ready to turn for much too long.
The kit is a chrome Diamond Knurl. The blank is "Independence Blue Kaleidoscope" from Stadium Blanks. I guess the chips are a couple different resins, but the main pouring material is JB Royal resin. It cut really smoothly. With it being mixed materials, I wasn't sure how the polish would hold up, so I put some CA on it. This is 3 layers of GluBoost medium and 2 of thin, then wet sanded/polished through the zona grits.

A chunk came off when I was careless with the chisel, but I found it in once piece and glued it back on with CA. I know where it was, but darned if I can see it even with a magnifying glass. I think that was just luck and don't intend to try it again on the next one of these.

20240101_174140.jpg

20240101_174009.jpg 20240101_173944.jpg 20240101_173950.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MPVic

Happy New Year!! This blank looked appropriate for the occasion.

I haven't had a lot of shop time lately, so I made time to do a pen today. This one, along with quite a few others, has been squared and ready to turn for much too long.
The kit is a chrome Diamond Knurl. The blank is "Independence Blue Kaleidoscope" from Stadium Blanks. I guess the chips are a couple different resins, but the main pouring material is JB Royal resin. It cut really smoothly. With it being mixed materials, I wasn't sure how the polish would hold up, so I put some CA on it. This is 3 layers of GluBoost medium and 2 of thin, then wet sanded/polished through the zona grits.

A chunk came off when I was careless with the chisel, but I found it in once piece and glued it back on with CA. I know where it was, but darned if I can see it even with a magnifying glass. I think that was just luck and don't intend to try it again on the next one of these.

View attachment 365661
View attachment 365662 View attachment 365663 View attachment 365664
Very nicely done!

Top Bottom