Cubans on sale at Rockler

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Free shipping > $39.00

Many of our vendors offer the cigar pen kits at or very close to this "sale" price regularly.

magpens

@TonyL

You said:
"Many of our vendors offer the cigar pen kits at or very close to this "sale" price regularly. "

That is right, Tony, and that is something that has often made me wonder about pen kit marketing.
There is "more to" the Cigar than there is to many other pen kits, and in spite of that the Cigar kits sell for less than many other kits.

I wonder why that is. . Perhaps someone has some insight.

I don't think it could be a "volume sold" issue because, at least on IAP, we don't see many Cigars presented in "Show Off Your Pens".

jttheclockman

This maybe true but everyones shipping prices are going up this year so be prepared and take advantage of places offering free shipping. That could be a deal breaker. Buy 10 kits and you save $20 so nothing to sneeze at. Thanks for the heads up.

TonyL

@TonyL

You said:
"Many of our vendors offer the cigar pen kits at or very close to this "sale" price regularly. "

That is right, Tony, and that is something that has often made me wonder about pen kit marketing.
There is "more to" the Cigar than there is to many other pen kits, and in spite of that the Cigar kits sell for less than many other kits.

I wonder why that is. . Perhaps someone has some insight.

I don't think it could be a "volume sold" issue because, at least on IAP, we don't see many Cigars presented in "Show Off Your Pens".
Maybe - low(er) demand and "sunk" manufacturing costs keep the price down?
I made a ton when I first started, and I sold only 2 of about 20 + during the holidays. Don't know..I never made one that I didn't like it or a customer complained about. It is definitely more of a desk pen - maybe some see it as less portable.

I like to sell them because the kits are inexpensive and I usually charge 55 to 80 depending on the materials.

Top Bottom