CSUSA ... Thank you. Seriously, thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

beamer

I just got back from The Woodworking Show in San Mateo in California. What a day! Phew! And while the shows seem to have gotten a little smaller each year, I want to say a very public thanks to the CSUSA guys.

Today, I walked over to their booth 5 times, and Mike (I am sorry that I forget his last name), was the most sincere and helpfull person I've met at these shows. I had originally started looking at a turning smock since I'm growing weary of sawdust clinging to my shirts. Mike was very polite and helpful. He assessed my size quickly and helped me to try one on. Then we discussed my locale and his after a brief quip about the midwest (we're both from there) and I casually mentioned my membership with the various local clubs. We even mentioned Nils from here and I discussed the IAP as well. He then informed me I was getting a 10% discount right then and there. Hey now! :D

Then we began to talk about live centers and I mentioned a complaint about the one that came with my Jet Mini. He pointed out the oneway that was on their demo Jet Mini and proceded to mention that I could also just replace the inexpensive bearing since it's a standard size. I'm always impressed with any company willing to suggest alternatives that could actually take my business away from them. It makes me feel very happy to do business with them.

I ultimately only ended up buying the smock, but I'll always begin any shopping spree with these fine folks.

Thank you, CSUSA. Thank you very much for treating me with respect and not like some random show customer. Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

You should send a copy of this to their customer service department.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/catalog/customer_service.html

nilsatcraft

Originally posted by fiferb
<br />You should send a copy of this to their customer service department.
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/catalog/customer_service.html

I'll see to it that our Customer Service Dept. sees this. [;)]

Also, Beamer- thanks for posting your good experience on the forum. We're proud to have Mike as part of our team and we're glad you found what you were looking for. I enjoyed the use of my lightweight smock while turning last night and my wife thanks me for it.

Lloyd Frisbee

I was there too Beamer on saturday. Kirk has always been a great guy to deal with at the CSUSA booth. This year he was doing turning demos but chatted with him a bit. I didn't get to talk to Mike but he looked like the guy that used to be with PSwood. I did order my new eccentric chuck from the CSUSA booth. The booth was full of people every time I stopped by the booth.

Lloyd
Silicon Valley Woodturners
San Jose,CA

beamer

Lloyd, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Mike looked a little bit like Jim from PSWood (Who was mysteriously missing from the show!), too. I would have been convinced if I hadn't known Jim and Barb for a little while :p

Kevin,
They are nice, but you are right... they get waaaaaay too much of my funds. I do always look there first when I start shopping.

Beamer, where ins SM was the show.. haven't been there in 20 years.. but lived near the race track and across the freeway in Foster City for about 6 of the 15 years in CA. Still have Daughter in Aptos.

beamer

Chuck, I don't get over that way much, so I apologize if this is too vague - they're about 1 mile off 101 at highway 92? Somewhat south of the airport?

Wish I had better details! I don't know the area very much at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom