CrushGrind Mill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmac

I finally got around to trying out the crushgrind mill mechanism. This will be a salt grinder and I am going with a chess theme, The Queen. It is laminated maple with a poly finish. Although I like the mechanism, they are a little more work in my opinion. I will make the King next, out of a piece of Texas ebony that I have.

Bobby
Louisiana

200732623454_DSCN0174.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

byounghusband

Bobby,
I really like that!! Nice Work. I look forward to seeing the King. Are you goung to make a toothpick holder that looks like a Rook? And a Sugar dispenser that looks like a Bishop?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great job, Bobby!!!

I made one pepper mill with that mechanism and decided it was not going to last - I HAVE been WRONG before and WILL be WRONG again. But, I don't think this is the time.

Please keep us posted on the operation of that grinder.

Thanks!!!

Hey Bobby,
Cool salt mill.. I like the crush/grind better than the standard.. I tend to be less than spot on with some of my measurements, and the CG is more forgiving on lengths... also think you can get more creative on the tops with not having to have the knurl nut at the top. Try the shaftless crush grind.. they are made in 3 pieces... THEY are extra work.

Looking forward to seeing the King....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom