Crucial Piece Lost/Missing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

I started making a Berea American Flat Top Snap Cap a week or so ago. After gluing the tubes and turning the first of two sections I wasn't enthralled with the choice of wood so I stopped and pondered. I packed all the parts and pieces (or so I thought) back into their respective little plastic packets and put them aside. I left the first section on the lathe as I had started to apply CA finish and just kind of lost interest.
Well, present day.....
I finished off the first section which was the pen nib end and turned the second section (the cap end) and started going through the little packages and discovered I do not have the little plastic "nib protector" that acts as the snap part of the snap cap. Damn! I searched and searched high and low to no avail. Now I have a snap cap pen that will not snap (means the cap will not stay on).

I'm bummed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

I have some that are 37.47mm long and 9.55 mm in dia at the widest. I have some bigger, but I think this is the size you need

Mortalis

I contacted Berea Hardwoods and they have been generous enough to send me my missing snap cap nib protector.
Great Customer service.
Thank you very much.

Top Bottom