Critique the Difficult to Write With Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Let me know what you think..........

Should we have this contest again in the future?

What, if anything, should be done differently?

Any other comments or suggestions are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

I like the contest in that it encourages something different and whimsical. It may get stale having it repeated every year. Perhaps rotate it every other year with some theme contest in the in between years with the theme contest encouraging a specific material or topic.

This was one of my favorite contests. I like the "throw convention out the window" aspect and the entries were great for a laugh while also showing some creative and talented work. I even came up with an idea so I could enter next year's contest! I'm new here so I could see it getting stale for the seasoned members, but I'd miss it if it was left out of all future BASHes.

jsolie

This is one of my favorite contests, and it's always fun to see what people come up with. I'm a fan of out-of-the-box thinking, and this contest certainly encourages this in thinking of pens in a non-traditional way.

I would say that effort does need to go into this contest, not just someone drilling a hole in the side of a 4x4 and getting a pen mechanism in there (though the cat entry this year was a fun interpretation).

rholiday

I also enjoy this contest - although I might be slightly biased :biggrin:. It allows me to create something that has no real practical purpose. Also, it seems that this contest might be viewed favorably by others in the IAP since the contest ranked fairly high up in the total number of votes received by a contest. It may be difficult to have every year, though.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I really like the whimsical pen contests, although I wasn't a big fan of the Edible Pens.

Perhaps we could rotate Difficult Pen & Ugly Pen every year or two, or even come up with a new type of whimsical pen contest.

Top Bottom