Credit card material

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Doctor G

Can anyone tell me what material credit cards are made from. I don’t have any old ones and I’d like to buy blank material for my accents.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PoppyTee

Cards are made of several layers of plastic laminated together. The core is commonly made from a plastic resin known as polyvinyl chloride acetate (PVCA).

Kenny Durrant

Guitar Pickguard material is great. I get mine at Stewmac.com. You can get plain or laminated sheets and cut them to size. I used to go to all the guitar shops and ask but that got old quick.

studioseven

The site listed above seems a little pricy. I usually order blank cards from Amazon for around $15 with the shipping (100 count). Of course these are standard thickness credit cards. The site above has thicker ones.

Seven

jttheclockman

My goodness there are a ton of sites you can order inlay materials from. I use sites that deal with billiard cues as well as toys and models. Plastistrut is huge for black or white plastics in all thicknesses. Then there are acrylic dealers that sell sheets that I use also. Can get all different colors.

Doctor G

You have stirred my brain with your answers. I see where I could use different colors of pvc bars or rods and cut off and combine thicknesses. I couldn’t see the trees for the forest.

Top Bottom