Creative Mug Shots

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
We used to have a "Creative Mug Shots" contest. I think the last one we had was for Bash 10. We always got some great entries and I miss that contest. I intended to resurrect it this year, but other priorities interfered.

The company that does our mugs is having a photography contest. The prize is $50 and the deadline is Tuesday 2/28. They asked me if we'd be entering any photos, so I wanted to see if anyone would like to submit something for me to forward to them. Short turnaround I know, but perhaps we can get a few entries. I previously sent them some photos from our Creative Mug Shot contest and they loved them. We have some great photographers here!

I think they're looking for mostly beauty shots in relevant settings. So maybe a mug in your shop, with some pens, etc. The contest used to have quite a few wacky photoshopped entries, but I don't think that's what they're looking for in this case.

As an incentive, if we can get 5 entries here (post in this thread), we'll run a poll to pick a winner and I'll supply a $50 gift cert to any of our vendors, as well as a pound of Malley's Chocolate.

Thanks for considering this short notice request!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an example of the style of photo they're after.
unnamed.jpg

Mr Vic

Folks, I think Jeff just threw down the Gauntlet. I'm at work now but will get to work on some pics when I get home.

Jeff, do you have a deadline in mind?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
That's one of my favorite contests also, I hope to see it back next year.

I'll shoot some mug photos tomorrow & try to come up with one to submit.

Mr Vic

Used my mug today while working on a bowl as part of the President's Challenge for Friday's Chapter meeting. Thought I could use it and my Pretty Wood Pen entry as props.

Disclaimer: No coffee was spilled or wasted in the shooting of these photos.

Attachments

• MugShot-01.jpg
    MugShot-01.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 191
  • MugShot-02.jpg
    MugShot-02.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 248
  • MugShot-03.jpg
    MugShot-03.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 236
  • MugShot-04.jpg
    MugShot-04.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 228
  • MugShot-05.jpg
    MugShot-05.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 246

Badfrog

I need a mug!

well, as it is almost 10pm on Monday night the 27th and I don't have a mug, I guess I am a bit behind the 8 ball on this one...

Top Bottom