Cream Nevada Jasper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elody21

Status
Not open for further replies.

elody21

I have been working on reproducing some different stones in resin. This is Cream Nevada Jasper

2006112916182_HPresincreamNevadajasper.jpg

2006112919912_prcreamnevadajasper.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

It's too much orange in the pen for me. I think maybe a chrome kit would have looked better.

Neat looking blank, have any pictures of the real stone for us to compare it against?

elody21

Originally posted by Skye
<br />It's too much orange in the pen for me. I think maybe a chrome kit would have looked better.

Neat looking blank, have any pictures of the real stone for us to compare it against?
That is the lighting. It is actually a rust color.

TBone

Does resemble stone, looks good. If it's rust color, I'd like to see a different pic. Colors in pic would look better with chrome/rho/plat type kit, IMO.

I agree with Billy reminds me of Orange Sherbert [:D]

elody21

Does anyone have any ideas how to make the photos come out less orange? The almond pen I posted is nowhere near that shade.

pete00

Alice

im not a photo expert BUT try a different light source,(bulb or room)
i can come up with different shades in my pics by moving from room to room.

Something to do with the color temp of eac light source.

Any way it does remind me of the ice cream sicle, and i like that a lot....[:D]

alamocdc

Originally posted by elody21
<br />Does anyone have any ideas how to make the photos come out less orange? The almond pen I posted is nowhere near that shade.

Alice, I use Picaso, but you want to make sure your white balance is set right on the camera first. Does this look better?

20061129175258_HPresincreamNevadajasper.jpg
<br />

elody21

How did you do that???????????!!!!!!!!!!!That looks a lot better but the color is still not right. It is a true rust color. What is Picaso? Thanks, Alice Your photo is much nicer!!!

elody21

I used a blue grey corian as a background and that helped a lot but the color is still not quite right

Rifleman1776

It has <b>everything</b> to do with the color of the light source. Background comes into play also but actually is affecting the light source too.
I rarely comment on non-wood pens but what you did is intriging as it uses natural materials quite effectively.
OK, y'all now hat permission to start throwing rocks. I know snakeskin, cactus and other stuff is "natural" too. [;)]
I would like to see this treatment with crushed turquoise.

alamocdc

Originally posted by elody21
<br />How did you do that???????????!!!!!!!!!!!That looks a lot better but the color is still not right. It is a true rust color. What is Picaso? Thanks, Alice Your photo is much nicer!!!

Alice, Lance answered the Picaso question. Actually, I opened it with Fireworks and tweaked the colors (I can't have Picaso here). I didn't think it was deal on, but I hoped it was close enough. Frank makes a good point. Although still lacking, my photos have improved greatly by using "natural light" bulbs (can't remember the actual name, but you get the idea). Still, my camera reddens things up from time to time and I have to manually set the white balance to correct it.

elody21

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />It has <b>everything</b> to do with the color of the light source. Background comes into play also but actually is affecting the light source too.
I rarely comment on non-wood pens but what you did is intriging as it uses natural materials quite effectively.
OK, y'all now hat permission to start throwing rocks. I know snakeskin, cactus and other stuff is "natural" too. [;)]
I would like to see this treatment with crushed turquoise.
Frank,
I think you misunderstood a little.It is acrylic made to resemble stone.
Check out my album. I have two acrylic pens made to look like turquoise and marble. They actually do have some powdered stone in them. Alice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom