CRB, Koa, brass and Pirates 🌴🏴‍☠️

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ZanderPommo

ZanderPommo

This pen has a lot of history.

In 1741, a one-of-a-kind man known as The Dread Pirate Roberts took a piece of Carribean Rosewood Burl from the scrap pile of the shipyard where his ship had been built. He kept a small piece of it with him during his sailings until he came across an island we now know as Hawaii, where he also found trees with rich brown wood that compressed to form beautiful "curls", known as Koa. After a long career of 268 years (he had a very healthy diet and active lifestyle) I ran into him on a cruise with my family and we had a drinking contest on St Thomas island. After I won handily (I was 16 so we opted not to get video evidence as I was below the drinking age) he surrendered to me both this piece of CRB and Koa as well as his finest pistol. I used the baseplate of the pistol grip for the brass portion of the pen, because I know that would have irritated him.

This story is fully historically accurate. Hopefully you were able to learn something.
Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_0240.jpeg
    IMG_0240.jpeg
    271.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0242.jpeg
    IMG_0242.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0241.jpeg
    IMG_0241.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0246.jpeg
    IMG_0246.jpeg
    507.1 KB · Views: 92
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Awesome pen! Looking forward to getting those blanks.

Really loving the fat brass band in the middle...that was an excellent design choice. Ties both halves together, but also helps keep them separate. Very intriguing!

ZanderPommo

Awesome pen! Looking forward to getting those blanks.

Really loving the fat brass band in the middle...that was an excellent design choice. Ties both halves together, but also helps keep them separate. Very intriguing!
Thank you so much. That's definitely the maximum thickness of brass I'm willing to turn on a wood lathe 😂.
I hope you like your blanks.

bugradx2

This pen has a lot of history.

In 1741, a one-of-a-kind man known as The Dread Pirate Roberts took a piece of Carribean Rosewood Burl from the scrap pile of the shipyard where his ship had been built. He kept a small piece of it with him during his sailings until he came across an island we now know as Hawaii, where he also found trees with rich brown wood that compressed to form beautiful "curls", known as Koa. After a long career of 268 years (he had a very healthy diet and active lifestyle) I ran into him on a cruise with my family and we had a drinking contest on St Thomas island. After I won handily (I was 16 so we opted not to get video evidence as I was below the drinking age) he surrendered to me both this piece of CRB and Koa as well as his finest pistol. I used the baseplate of the pistol grip for the brass portion of the pen, because I know that would have irritated him.

This story is fully historically accurate. Hopefully you were able to learn something.
Enjoy.
Not only do you win IAP postings, you win the internet today. Wonderful pen and even better history behind it

Top Bottom