Craigslist does it again.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Talfalfa33

Found this 12 inch band saw on Saturday and for 35 bucks. Got it home and put two new tires and got all the guides and adjustments working and replaced the belt with a link belt to remove the vibration. Now just need some new blades due to this one is so dull, I can't cut melted butter with it.
Any ideas on cleaning the table. Got it off and at work, going to lightly blast and follow up with the micro mesh you get for the yellow headlights.

Attachments

• photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 412
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 286
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigE

I use a red 3M pad and WD 40.

I have a HF sander that I keep around and put the pad under that if it is a big job.

A10GAC

I cleaned up a drill press table two weekes ago; brass cup brush in my drill to get most of it off, followed by some wet/dry sandpaper and mineral spirits, and then a coat of Johnson's wax. The brass brush does a number on the rust and gunk without tearing up the table the way a steel brush would if it digs in.

Steve Busey

Google "Boeshield Rust Free" if the elbow grease routine doesn't pan out. Boeshield T9 is a good surface protector, too.

Wood Butcher

Local Chapter Leader
Klingspor Woodworking sells a product called Sandflex that works well. It is a hard rubber block about 2" x 4" and it is impregnated with silicon carbide throughout. Lube it with a little WD40 and it will do wonders.
WB

Top Bottom