Craftsman plane....about 1951....never been out of the box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

My best friend's mother died and she asked me to go through her dad's workshop to see what was worth keeping, selling, or just giving away. I found a Craftsman 9" smoothing plane, 619-3742 that doesn't seem to have ever been taken out of the box. It is still wrapped in the treated paper and has the manual and packing slip still in it. Is there still a market for something like this? I shouldn't think the technology has changed much! I told her I would check it out for her.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GaryMGg

These planes range from about $12 to $40 but since this one is pristine it's surely worth more.
You could eBay it with a reserve of $50-60 and see what happens.

sbwertz

Did some research. This one was made by Sargent. Some were made by Stanley, some by Millers Falls. I'll put it up on ebay and see what happens. It is a beautiful little plane, and because it was wrapped in the preservative paper, there is no corrosion or rust. It's pristine.

jttheclockman

Did some research. This one was made by Sargent. Some were made by Stanley, some by Millers Falls. I'll put it up on ebay and see what happens. It is a beautiful little plane, and because it was wrapped in the preservative paper, there is no corrosion or rust. It's pristine.
If you know the maker make sure you mention it. But Craftsman did not make their own tools. Many of them on ebay but good luck.

Top Bottom