Craftsman 16" scroll saw blade guard needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1shootist

I have a Craftsman 16 inch scroll saw model # 113.236110 that I need a blade guard hold down for...I've checked sears online parts but no luck.
It's an older scroll saw but it does all I need from one and still runs like a top, till it fell over a few weeks ago and got banged up a little..., so I'm hoping someone here may have a guard they would be willing to sell or trade.
I'll attach a picture of the saw with the type of blade guard it uses.

Thanks for reading...,
Russ

SmartSelect_20191119-105141_Chrome.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Oh Russ you really do not need those things. Many people take them off right away because they get in the way especially if scrolling small ornaments and things like that. It is the same thing with those hold down devices all saws come with. They are a safety feature that some law maker made all saws to have but they just are more trouble than what they are worth.

If you are serious about having that thing I suggest you join in and check with the most popular scrollsaw site on the net and that is the Village. Ask there and maybe someone can help you. Very friendly people. Just like here.

https://www.scrollsawvillage.com/forums/ Part #Part #66049

Ditto John and Clayton. I've found that half the "guards" put on some equipment really become a safety issue later. I had a Jet cabinet saw with a gigantic blade cover on it. That guard caused more problems while cutting than just taking it off and paying attention to what I was doing. The only guard I kept on was my 6" Delta jointer.

Top Bottom