Cracked Raden - Commissioned FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Teodor

Teodor

Hello All,

So, finally I finished another puzzle.
Commissioned cracked Raden that took an eternity but, I enjoyed every minute of it.
Enjoy the pics.
Teo

BE2E88A6-3FD5-4C99-BFBA-59E58666B6EF.jpeg
B3EED7A3-1FC0-4B5F-A7CF-26B3703B27B0.jpeg
70276099-7158-4A85-9A01-579D9E631F8E.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

Wow!!! The paua shell is amazing and the flakes add so much to the trim pieces. I've been away for a while, so have not seen your work, is that urishi?!
The threads make me so happy - they are beautiful! Wonderful pen and finish. (The photos are great, too.)

Teodor

Wow!!! The paua shell is amazing and the flakes add so much to the trim pieces. I've been away for a while, so have not seen your work, is that urishi?!
The threads make me so happy - they are beautiful! Wonderful pen and finish. (The photos are great, too.)
Thank You!
That's urushi work. The shell is from New Zealand, cut and glued with a special urushi mix. The flakes are silver and cover with nashiji, urushi used to fix metal powder or flakes. The gaps between shells are filed with black urushi and some areas have golden powder added. All the surface is polished and covered with final layers of high quality urushi for protection and shine. Threads also are covered with Urushi. That's more than 6 months of work on this pen.
Just finished to glue the abalone on another pen, a lot more of work left.
It's very difficult to take pictures of Urushi, the light bounce everywhere, used light bouncers and diffusers.

bzahn

Although the look of this pen doesn't appeal to me personally, your craftsmanship is excellent and I am aware (through reading about urushi) of the amount of work that you have invested in it. You can be, as I'm sure you are, very proud of this pen. Velmi dobře!

Pierre---

Wow! I love raden and gold flakes, and this one is just great Teo, congratulations.
I often have problems when gluing raden, would you share your process?

Top Bottom