Covid19 vaccination tomorrow

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jolly Red

Almost got mine today, but was rejected because I had gotten a shingles vaccine shot last week. Apparently, you have to wait two weeks between vaccinations! However, they gave us another appointment for next month, so not all is lost. Wish I had known this before I got the shingles shot, as that was the second one and I could have waited another 4 months to get it, and gotten the covid shot today.
Tom

mmayo

Done. The first dose is supposed to be 50% effective in covid19 prevention and in 28 days I'll be 95% protected. No way to catch much in my shop, but Costco and Albertsons will be safer from now on.
Thanks Donald Trump!

Attachments

• D341AF97-2036-43F3-9218-94672E7E52A4.jpeg
    D341AF97-2036-43F3-9218-94672E7E52A4.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 86
  • 01628003-347D-404D-A094-DF6AF399E460.jpeg
    01628003-347D-404D-A094-DF6AF399E460.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 100

henry1164

I signed up for a COVID19 vaccine study with the University of Rochester (AztraZeneca AZD1222 vaccine - already in use in England). Got to shots but not sure if I got the real stuff. Was scheduled for local real COVID19 vaccine and the study had to reveal if I got the vaccine or a placebo because I was warned about getting a second vaccine shot set. Confirmed that I got the real vaccine so I've been "protected" since 12/9 and 1/6. Random appointment in NY has my wife not scheduled until April. So much for fast rollout!

tomtedesco

Got my first this morning, wife had first last Sunday. Massive drive thru site at ball park in Denver, they are doing 5000 shots a day and you never get out of your vehicle.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Finally got on two different waiting list to get called to sign up for an appointment. Who knows when I'll get the actual appointment.

howsitwork

Stay safe and remember it takes about 14 to 21 days to develop the immunity. Friend still got it a week afte4 having her first jab but , after a few days on oxygen in hospital she's now improving and able to talk, feeling real sorry for the nurses now !

mmayo

We plan on doing what has kept us safe for 9 months for a couple more months: mask, isolation, hand washing etc.

I do see the light and it is within reach.
My reaction was a sore arm for 12 hours. It is fine after a day of work in the shop.

Hat's off to the VA in Mcallen, TX. Had an appointment and got my first shot in 10 minutes and after the 15 minute waiting time after I was out of there in 30 minutes.

Ron

FGarbrecht

I signed up for a COVID19 vaccine study with the University of Rochester (AztraZeneca AZD1222 vaccine - already in use in England). Got to shots but not sure if I got the real stuff. Was scheduled for local real COVID19 vaccine and the study had to reveal if I got the vaccine or a placebo because I was warned about getting a second vaccine shot set. Confirmed that I got the real vaccine so I've been "protected" since 12/9 and 1/6. Random appointment in NY has my wife not scheduled until April. So much for fast rollout!
Check online early each morning to see if any sooner vaccination slots have opened up in your area. Not sure about the Webster area, but in Capitol Region things are ramping up pretty quickly and the online system is working better. I'm a vaccinator in Albany/Schenectady and we vaccinated 800 people the last shift I worked, and we allowed walk-ins at the end for any vaccine we had that was thawed but not used (we had some no shows, and the vaccine would have to have been discarded otherwise). Good luck!

sbwertz

We got our first ones Sunday morning. No side effects except a little soreness on the arm....not nearly as bad as a tetanus shot.
Phoenix is really well organized. Fifteen minutes from the time we got there until we got the jab, then a fifteen minute observation and all done. We got the Pfizer, so second shot in 21 days.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
We have been on a waiting list to sign up to get an appointment for about the past 2 weeks. Jan and I just received a text message to sign up to get an appointment. All set for 10AM Saturday morning.

Top Bottom